CrowsNest

Singer 7-31 with Reverse

Hello! 

My husband and I got a little excited and purchased this beauty at auction without realizing the complications of 3-phase power source. We tested the machine at the factory we hauled it out of, so know it works, however there isn't much else we know about it. We hate to see this machine just rot in the garage while we attempt to figure out how to power it. We don't want to change the motor to single phase and potentially ruin its usability. Would love to see it go to someone who can put it to use, we all know these workhorses will go on.

Here's what we do know:

Singer Sewing Machine, Model 7-31, Serial Number AF653437, Consew Clutch Motor, 0.5 HP, Power 220 Volts / 3 Phase, Reverse pedal

After searching through some of the advice and guidance on here, looks like the heads for these can go for upwards of $1.5k. Make us a reasonable offer.

Thank you for your time!

13266_6370_3.jpg

13266_6370_4.jpg

13266_6370_5.jpg

13266_6370_6.jpg

13266_6370_8.jpg

13266_6370_9.jpg

13266_6370_10.jpg

13266_6370_11.jpg

13266_6370_12.jpg

13266_6370_13.jpg

13266_6370_1.jpg

13266_6370_2.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Converted photos to jpg so visible to all members

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

@CrowsNest

Please read the marketplace rules and conform.

You must identify any shipping information, etc.

My apologies, still getting my bearings on using the site. Thank you @Northmount I will correct asap! :)

5 hours ago, CrowsNest said:

Hello! 

My husband and I got a little excited and purchased this beauty at auction without realizing the complications of 3-phase power source. We tested the machine at the factory we hauled it out of, so know it works, however there isn't much else we know about it. We hate to see this machine just rot in the garage while we attempt to figure out how to power it. We don't want to change the motor to single phase and potentially ruin its usability. Would love to see it go to someone who can put it to use, we all know these workhorses will go on.

Here's what we do know:

Singer Sewing Machine, Model 7-31, Serial Number AF653437, Consew Clutch Motor, 0.5 HP, Power 220 Volts / 3 Phase, Reverse pedal

After searching through some of the advice and guidance on here, looks like the heads for these can go for upwards of $1.5k. Make us a reasonable offer.

Thank you for your time!

Updates:

Condition: Good

Price: $1,500

Shipping: Pick-up Only - couldn't imagine how one would ship one of these... open to it with guidance and at buyers cost.

Please reach out with any questions! Thank you again.

I'm no expert, but... The motor, and it's controller, are absolutely not stock to that head. 

If you like the head, buy a servo and speed reducer and put it to work. It's not going to change the head's value. 

On 2/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, JHLeatherwood said:

I'm no expert, but... The motor, and it's controller, are absolutely not stock to that head. 

If you like the head, buy a servo and speed reducer and put it to work. It's not going to change the head's value. 

Thanks so much for the insight and guidance @JHLeatherwood Appreciate it! We weren't sure if it would effect the usability of the machine, but it seems like that might be the route we go. 

Be good to know where this is located, 3 phase is definitely ancient, I thought 3 phase was phased out. Aside from the motor, the rest appears to be ok, where do you come up with $1500? Is it a walking foot and is the top pressed wood? Sooooo many questions I don’t think I know em all 

Edited by Doc Reaper

Hey Doc Reaper,

We're located in Cleveland, Ohio. We were not aware of the 3 phase situation when we purchased these, hence part of the reason we're selling the machine. We were going to use it in the community garage we belong to, but their 3 phase doesn't align with this 3 phase.

The price is certainly negotiable, as I was going off some of the advice seen throughout the knowledge of this group in other threads. We did test the machine upon picking up from the factory we grabbed it out of, and it worked beautifully. 

Yes to walking foot and the table is pressed wood. I'd love to be able to answer all of your questions, as they come to you, and will do my best to do so. I just know my knowledge is limited. 

Thank you so much!

You are all right about servo motors. l have  6 sewing machines with servo motors on and it works very well and 2 with clutch motors, my overlock and my Mitsubishi lu2 410 Automatic walking foot sewing machine that as this 3 phases 220 volts motor on that i recently got for free. 

Because it as an Automatic system on it that wanted to use to go faster i decided to leave it with the 3 phases clutch motor. 

So i bought this New converter on the market : DPS (digital phase shifter) that concerts 220 volts single phase to 220 volts 3 phases. 

It works perfectly at a low price. It is made in South Korea . I bought it at Ebay. 

Just in case you want to have a faster set up than adding a servo motor. 

I am very happy with the device. 

You can look at the YouTube how to connect it 

https://youtu.be/Honlrv93_oU

Screenshot_20230222-030708_eBay.jpg