Brooks125

Dummy and Mold Gun Suppliers

I'll ask first ... With a few great suppliers of dummy/mold guns closing down, Duncan's and Boise Foundry among them, has anyone sprung up to fill that void, especially with larger frame revolvers.  I know Bunkhouse Tools has some larger revolvers, but they are better for single actions, mostly.

Also, when I run into a brick wall for dummy guns, I have begun to acquire quite a little collection of non-firing replicas and airsoft/BB guns, which have worked well for me.  Steer clear of Asian suppliers - I got burned once and won't happen again.  If the only supplier you find is Asian, the product most likely does not exist and you will not get it!  If it exists, it'll be available elsewhere.  Some of the better suppliers are:

https://www.bytheswordinc.com/default.aspx     https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/       https://www.denix.es/en/

Asian........yup, burnt to a crisp.  Ordered a laser powered rust remover, looked great!  Never got it.  Emailed, a company only in existence for a week, replied with a 40 digit 'UPS' tracking code.  Went online with the code......it said 'Delivered'........ and it was a tracking service offered by the brand new company....    now they are out of existence. 

China shhtuff bad, stay away from em

I ordered twice from different sellers a 3D scanner unit. Neither arrived. Both scanners were coming out of China. One via Amazon, got money back. One via ebay, also got money back. This seller was arguing that the scanner was delivered to me. It was delivered to an address in Alberta, Canada. Now that seller is wanting me to pay for it again as 'it was delivered' !

98% of the time all my deals work out fine

PS. for biggish payments use a credit card. If the deal breaks down you can do a 'charge back' via the credit card. They'll give you your money back whilst they look at it. I'm not sure what the payment level is at but it used to as low as £50 / $50

Anyhoo, back on topic; I think you/we/me will have to start looking at 3D printed gun shapes

Edited by fredk

On 2/20/2023 at 11:07 PM, fredk said:

Anyhoo, back on topic; I think you/we/me will have to start looking at 3D printed gun shapes

What little I've looked at 3d printing programs, most are vague, low quality replicas.  The high quality replicas look like they're probably good, but you run into the same problem; the easy-to-find are common models, and too few choices when it comes to guns that are hard to find.. I'm sure this will be the way of the future, and hopefully selection will expand when that happens.   We will see.  It'll be nice when you can buy a $200 machine and $5 downloads ... just not there yet!