Redbeeerd

Yet another request for identifying

Heya!

I found this Husqvarna 27-30 on an online flea market. I'm trying to find information but even here in Sweden it seems nobody knows anything about it. The seller used it for sailcloth and other heavy types of cloth. The picture might help:

522032517_c59dfad9-95e2-434e-913f-e97cddb8ae80.jpg

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Very similar to Singer 96K.

This gave me the info I think: there is a metal sign that says "96" under the Husqvarna serial number (it is obvious looking at the other pictures). Digging in an online museum i found info that Husqvarna sometimes manufactured Singer designs under license which means this might well be a 96K.

I understand a 96K isn't not optimal for leatherworking? I intend to do light to medium stuff (handbags, dopp kits, wallets, gloves, and so on)

Edited by Redbeeerd

2 hours ago, Redbeeerd said:

The seller used it for sailcloth and other heavy types of cloth.

Its not  3 phase by any chance? Its a bit hard to see the whole pug, but the power plug looks very similar to an Australian 3ph plug .

HS

42 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

Its not  3 phase by any chance? Its a bit hard to see the whole pug, but the power plug looks very similar to an Australian 3ph plug .

HS

It is 3 phase according to the ad

These are good basic machines for wallets and fabric - they usually aren’t worth much, but this one has reverse so it’s probably worth twice as much as a non-reverse model.