I am very new to leather working. I am starting off with making bronc halters, earrings, hat patches and similar western style accessories. I have goals to make western horse tack in the future when I have more experience. My question is what is the best sewing machine for these types of items that is simple enough for a newbie to use? I have tried reading through the forums but there’s so much information it’s overwhelming. Would it be better to hand sew them for now?  I apologize if these questions have already been answered on here this is my first post and still learning how to use this site. Thanks in advance. 
Also I am located in the United States.

Edited by mickeyw

Welcome.  Hand sewing and using a machine are complementary skills and both are useful for making tack.  I hand sew bridles and reins, and (mostly) machine sew halters.  I do most repairs by hand sewing to reuse the original holes.  You can gain a lot of experience with cutting, shaping, and finishing leather projects that you hand sew.  A machine will greatly increase your productivity for some items.  A lot of tack and holster makers use a TSC-441 type machine like the Cowboy 3200/4500 or Cobra Class 3/4.  You can read in this forum about some recently available accessories for these machines that enable sewing of lighter weight projects as well.  I suggest reading the Al Stohlman books on hand sewing leather, leather tools use/maintenance, and case making as an introduction to construction methods.  Videos from JH Leather show traditional methods of strapwork, including making bridles and headstalls.  Lots of expertise and great information on this site.