toxo

Erasing silver mercury leather pen?

I know it's been asked before but I can't find it. Anyone got the answer, How?

This is one of two  search results on googly woogly  regarding pen marks on leather, not sure if its what you're after: 

"Permanent markers can be easily removed from leather surfaces using distilled white vinegar. Let the vinegar sit on the stain for a few minutes to ensure that it penetrates. Then try to wipe off the stain with a damp cloth in circular motions." 

"Apply the cotton ball with rubbing alcohol onto the leather ink stain. In a circular motion, gently rub the affected area, using a circular motion. Do not scrub. You should begin to see the ink stain gradually disappear." 

HS

Firstly I hope you are not talking about anything containing actual mercury, which is toxic.

The silver marking pens linked by Burkhardt just rub off from most leathers, either with your finger or a special rubber eraser (which also works well on glue spillover) which is sold by leatherwork supply stores. The markings may not erase from all varieties of leather, which is why it's recommended to try the pen on a piece of scrap leather. 

Edited by Klara