Sign in to follow this  
NDphung

3 Colors saddlestitch.

Would anyone know how this stitch was done with the three colours? How is it done ? Can you refer me to a link with video if possible how it is done? Thanks 

It is from a Delvaux ads. Thanks

image.thumb.png.8f05e21f293bf6be1303a5f6dadb8232.png

I’ll guess.
I’m guessing it is a ribbon, not three threads.

the stitching on either side appears to be machine stitching.

Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

6 hours ago, GrampaJoel said:

I’m guessing it is a ribbon, not three threads.

:17:  Great minds think alike .  I have seen something similar on a brow  band on a bridle. 

HS

I have seen where someone stitched with three separate colored threads, taking care to ensure they laid nicely as shown.  I doubt I'd have the patience for it.  You might also notice the relatively huge slits you need to create in order to facilitate the look.  I don't know that I'd want to weaken the leather like that, but if it is on something that isn't going to receive hard use, maybe it doesn't matter so much.  I think it is 3 individual threads and a lot of care.

If you can "stack" two threads and make it look aesthetically pleasing, then you can also do three, or four...the hole just needs to be large enough to accommodate more threads.

Andersen leather : Starting and finishing the saddle stitch - An overlooked  part of sewing

Edited by Tugadude
Added photo

5 hours ago, Tugadude said:

I have seen where someone stitched with three separate colored threads, taking care to ensure they laid nicely as shown.  I doubt I'd have the patience for it.  You might also notice the relatively huge slits you need to create in order to facilitate the look.  I don't know that I'd want to weaken the leather like that, but if it is on something that isn't going to receive hard use, maybe it doesn't matter so much.  I think it is 3 individual threads and a lot of care.

If you can "stack" two threads and make it look aesthetically pleasing, then you can also do three, or four...the hole just needs to be large enough to accommodate more threads.

Andersen leather : Starting and finishing the saddle stitch - An overlooked  part of sewing

I still think it is a ribbon. The photo you posted show the individual threads with their own twists, and shadows and different lengths.

. The OP photo shows a a flat even line. Almost like a buck stitch.

5CF19DB0-CF90-4BBF-A941-0C15B8220B69.jpeg.6c621cd1cff6def57d9b13ff8e8142d4.jpeg

67C67F1E-1259-4927-AF6A-9FCDDD6037B6.jpeg

Edited by GrampaJoel

I don't have a dog in the fight.  When I zoom in on the photo it appears to be three threads to me.  Perhaps the OP needs to reach out to the company whose product that is and simply ask.

No dog in the fight either, but looks like a ribbon.

16 hours ago, Tugadude said:

I don't have a dog in the fight.  When I zoom in on the photo it appears to be three threads to me.  Perhaps the OP needs to reach out to the company whose product that is and simply ask.