Sign in to follow this  
rnzo

Greetings from London UK

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting to the forums.  I have been lurking for a long time on these forums in the sewing machines section.

I have been mostly renovating and using domestic (I know...) sewing machines, in particular the old Necchi BU/Mira/Supernova types.

I bought for very cheap (as it was sold for parts) my first industrial machine head, again a Necchi, this is a Necchi 840, which is a clone of the Pfaff 335.  This one was my first walking foot, and I spent very significant time renovating it, replacing some broken parts (or more precisely:  buying some Pfaff 335 clone parts from Asia and then trying to make it work in the Necchi, as sometimes the dimensions were slightly different).  Along this journey, I came to learn many things about how seeing machines were working, that it made this experience very worthwhile.

As probably you'd have guessed, for me this is a hobby, and I'm mostly into sewing light/medium fabric (pu leather, supple leather, cordura and other synthetic or canvas fabrics) to make bags, in particular messenger style bags to carry camera and photography gear.

Lorenzo

21 hours ago, rnzo said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting to the forums.  I have been lurking for a long time on these forums in the sewing machines section.

I have been mostly renovating and using domestic (I know...) sewing machines, in particular the old Necchi BU/Mira/Supernova types.

I bought for very cheap (as it was sold for parts) my first industrial machine head, again a Necchi, this is a Necchi 840, which is a clone of the Pfaff 335.  This one was my first walking foot, and I spent very significant time renovating it, replacing some broken parts (or more precisely:  buying some Pfaff 335 clone parts from Asia and then trying to make it work in the Necchi, as sometimes the dimensions were slightly different).  Along this journey, I came to learn many things about how seeing machines were working, that it made this experience very worthwhile.

As probably you'd have guessed, for me this is a hobby, and I'm mostly into sewing light/medium fabric (pu leather, supple leather, cordura and other synthetic or canvas fabrics) to make bags, in particular messenger style bags to carry camera and photography gear.

Lorenzo

Welcome to the forum from SW Missouri.  Since you have been lurking, I am sure you have seen the number of posts about sewing machines.  Make sure you post pics of your projects and/or your issues that arise with the machines.  More than plenty will jump to your aid.  

8 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Welcome to the forum from SW Missouri.  Since you have been lurking, I am sure you have seen the number of posts about sewing machines.  Make sure you post pics of your projects and/or your issues that arise with the machines.  More than plenty will jump to your aid.  

Thanks Pastor Bob, indeed I have posted some questions already and got answers that helped me tremendously.

I plan to document the 840 "renovation" in a post, as it may help others to revive these (and it would be a shame not to) !

Lorenzo