ddjchemist

My recent leather work

Hi,

I am a new member from Seattle. I recently got into leather craft hobby. Here are few leather wallets that I recently made. 

Dan from Seattle

Wallets#1.jpg

very nice :thumbsup:

Very nice work!

Very classy.  Clean lines and stitching.  Well done.

Very nice!  We also like to see them open!  The insides are often even more interesting.

They are really good. Don't much work with ' hair on ' leather, but they are nice. The stitching  stands out nicely.  I also love the images on the press studs. 

HS

those look great tell us more about them. leather weight, type, etc.

Welcome from the DRY side of the state. Nice work.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am still in process of learning. 

These wallets are all made from genuine leather (calfskin, cowhide, goat/sheep/piglet skin). Then largest wallet made from calfskin is a mini-purse and has 12 card slots and two large pockets. The others are pocket wallets and they have 4 card slots and two cash pockets (except the one with "revolvers" snap fastener that has only two card slots and one money pocket). 

Image size is limited, so I am limited to how many pictures I can post. I am new to this forum, so I need to figure out if I could get more image memory. 

DDJ#1.jpg

Some more images. 

DDJ#4.jpg

DDJ#2.jpg

Edited by ddjchemist
Problem with images

Another one

DDJ#3.jpg

Very nice work clean stitching and planned spacing can you tell us more show inside? 

491619777_DDJ12.thumb.jpg.0e46cb613b192a295642e3c4afddbd37.jpg1385513002_DDJ13.thumb.jpg.265c8193a3f1fbaae40d3fc3f7361ff8.jpg782865470_DDJ11.thumb.jpg.278ff4def61aa93290daa0080f6d5681.jpgHere are some more images of the interior of my wallets. I generally double-side each leather piece such that interior is lined with goat/sheep/piglet skin. When I started doing leather work I learned from others using online resources. After mastering basic skills, I started experimenting in order to come-up with designs that will be different from most other wallets. I also figured out not to use rulers for measurements and I do not overlap leather pieces in order to match holes and size. I use fork-punch with 4mm spacing and I measure my wallets in terms of holes (e.g. 20 x 14 holes). I first make holes on the main outer leather piece and I cut that piece in the exact final size. For all other pieces (card slots and money pockets ket divider) I cat them larger than the main piece, and then after I stitch the wallet I make the final edge cutting, smoothing and burnishing. I do not make any paper templates and I do not sketch anything. 

Edited by ddjchemist

Absolutely gorgeous work, very professional   :You_Rock_Emoticon::thumbsup:

about pic sz you can download a free version of fotosizer  it will reduce pics so you can upload more

Edited by Bert03241

35 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Absolutely gorgeous work, very professional   :You_Rock_Emoticon::thumbsup:

about pic sz you can download a free version of fotosizer  it will reduce pics so you can upload more

Thank you very much. I use LightRoom software to downsize my images, but the lowest I can go is 300KB per image. 

25 minutes ago, ddjchemist said:

Thank you very much. I use LightRoom software to downsize my images, but the lowest I can go is 300KB per image. 

Fotosizer you can tell it what size you want

Very clean, well done. Welcome from the "blue hole" of Washington! 

I finished this hairy calfskin wallet. Outside and a couple of card pockets are from calfskin and the rest of the wallet interior is from soft cowhide. It can fit up to 8 cards and some paper money (money pockets are just behind card slots). 

Edited by ddjchemist
Pictures missing

those look great!

I too think your very talented,  nice pieces !