Have applied Resolene (tm) to the belt project. I used a 50 Resolene (tm) / 50 Water mixture, applied with half a cheap sponge. Rigged a way to hang the belt and keeper, and used a disposable plastic teaspoon to measure two each of Resolene (tm) and water in a small disposable plastic cup, then used the spoon to apply the mixture to the sponge. Applied 1 coat to the slick, flesh, and edges, and it's now drying. To my surprise it all went well. Had half the mixture left, and that suggests I can do something similar the next time I use dye (or at least try it).

Current plan is to do two additional coats.

Would love to see pics.  I have most of my pro dyes cut 50/50 and my super shene sometimes.

5 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Would love to see pics.  I have most of my pro dyes cut 50/50 and my super shene sometimes.

It's all mundane. Just a strap belt dyed dark brown. A picture won't show how the crease I set at the end wandered a little. Am applying finish before I set the snaps.

It was dry this morning and didn't see any streaking. Will try to remember to get a photo before the second coat, but really, it's all mundane.

Here is a photo of the belt. I've adjusted the brightness a little based on the background, but yes, it's that dark of brown. OTOH, I did choose dark brown, and that's what I got. This is with one coat. Not much detail in the photo. Unfortunately, not even the belt and rivet holes show up well.

It's just a strap belt, nothing more. It's to be a work belt

Have put the second coat on it. One more to go.

belt.jpg.e2ca15a2c348d3556c25ff00b6054518.jpg

12 hours ago, Gosut said:

Here is a photo of the belt. I've adjusted the brightness a little based on the background, but yes, it's that dark of brown. OTOH, I did choose dark brown, and that's what I got. This is with one coat. Not much detail in the photo. Unfortunately, not even the belt and rivet holes show up well.

It's just a strap belt, nothing more. It's to be a work belt

Have put the second coat on it. One more to go.

belt.jpg.e2ca15a2c348d3556c25ff00b6054518.jpg

Looking good.  How did you secure the two ends of the keeper?  holes look centered and spaced equally.  Nice job.  Something to consider on the dye...I cut mine 50/50 with isopropyl alcohol.  It's not quite as dark with a single coat, gives me some options to go darker if desired.  

Thanks. I secured the keeper by overlapping the full width of the keeper and skiving both ends to half thickness. If I'd thought about it more, I'd have tapered both halves for a better fit, but at least it's not visible. I punched the holes, but ran into problem after gluing and had to repunch. Ended up slipping the keeper over the corner of my punching board and the old magazine I put on top of it to protect the points. This was incredibly easy, so it may have only been slightly misaligned or had glue in the holes. Slipping it over the corner worked so well, I'll try to do that if I make another belt. Wished I'd creased the ends where the thread crossed from one side of the keeper to the other. Used a saddle stich, back stitching the last three holes.

Applied the last coat tonight. This time noticed more of a tendency to streak, maybe due to the previous coats. Wasn't hard to clear up the streaks while still wet.