Redbeeerd

Singer serial number starting with MA?

Heya! Anyone have a clue about this machine? Seems it's not a leather capable machine but still curious.212_1018738298.jpg.697d84fa3208a9a3adc1c3f9b6772eed.jpg212_1815565846.thumb.jpg.493d932d0d505a42e5e600a9636949c7.jpg

This is a Singer household machine,model #15-88 .

3 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

This is a Singer household machine,model #15-88 .

You are a walking database, man! Thank you! Do you know why it has an MA serial number? I use Ismacs.net for everything ie I don't know anything what so ever :lol:

1 hour ago, Redbeeerd said:

You are a walking database, man! Thank you! Do you know why it has an MA serial number? I use Ismacs.net for everything ie I don't know anything what so ever :lol:

Can't help you with the serial #

I looked up an SA coded singer. It also wasn't in ISMACS. Turns out the machine is a Singer made in France around 1935. Not sure why they don't list it with all the other machines.  I found a separate chart that listed it. 

4 hours ago, Quade said:

I looked up an SA coded singer. It also wasn't in ISMACS. Turns out the machine is a Singer made in France around 1935. Not sure why they don't list it with all the other machines.  I found a separate chart that listed it. 

That's interesting. They use K for Scotland, M for Italy and S for France I guess? What confuses me is that I thought it was only for model numbers... I need to do more research!