bladegrinder

Two tone holster...

Here's a two tone 1911 pancake holster I just finished, I think I finally have the 1911 pattern down. Thanks for looking...

krI9XnP.jpg

G4P1Brb.jpg

YEP , I'd say you have both the 1911 and the two tone down VERY NICELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks purdy good.  Still, I'd sew it right along there ...

Untitled-1C.jpg

Very pretty and well done. I agree with the perimeter stitching as well. But still, very well done. 

looks good!

58 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Looks purdy good.  Still, I'd sew it right along there ...

Untitled-1C.jpg

Dang it, I knew someone would pick up on that! ha, ha. somehow I didn't pick up on that until I was air brushing the resolene on it. I did do the double line stitch around the gun without messing that up though so I'm getting there!

I'd never be making stuff like this without learning on this forum and the help I've gotten from you folks...Thanks everyone!

Beautifully done.  I haven't had time to investigate the airbrush or invest in the equipment yet.  I purchased the items for the vacuum system, but have yet to even unbox it.  Hopefully in the next month, I can get to it.  

I really love that look and 2 tone combo, looks very professional :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Love that two tone look. Excellent work! Finish seems really high gloss, wondering how you got that effect. Is that just from airbrushing the resolene?

Also, is the bottom closed or open? Curious how you did it as I struggle with how to close off the bottom on pancake holsters and usually end up leaving it open for lack of a better method.

~Frau~

On 3/9/2023 at 8:53 PM, bladegrinder said:

Dang it, I knew someone would pick up on that! ha, ha. somehow I didn't pick up on that until I was air brushing the resolene on it. I did do the double line stitch around the gun without messing that up though so I'm getting there!

great look to it!!  very nice and you can fix that lil problem just sew it up and the 1" or so on top too.

Nice and I agree about the sewing but it's an easy fix. Although It isn't my "thing" you did a great job on the two toning.

10 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Love that two tone look. Excellent work! Finish seems really high gloss, wondering how you got that effect. Is that just from airbrushing the resolene?

Also, is the bottom closed or open? Curious how you did it as I struggle with how to close off the bottom on pancake holsters and usually end up leaving it open for lack of a better method.

~Frau~

Thanks Frau, yes the finish is air brushing resolene cut 50% with water. the bottom is open but when I wet formed it in a vacuum bag it kind of pulled the leather at the bottom inwards,

9 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

great look to it!!  very nice and you can fix that lil problem just sew it up and the 1" or so on top too.

Thanks Chuck, I thought about doing that after the fact but kind of scared I'd mess something up. I'm still not real good with that machine and I figured I'd be best to leave this where it is, still learning from mistakes but thankfully I'm a quick learner...I'm hoping.

8 hours ago, doubleh said:

Nice and I agree about the sewing but it's an easy fix. Although It isn't my "thing" you did a great job on the two toning.

Thanks doubleh.

2 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Thanks Frau, yes the finish is air brushing resolene cut 50% with water. the bottom is open but when I wet formed it in a vacuum bag it kind of pulled the leather at the bottom inwards,

Thanks @bladegrinder! Once again excellent work!

Very nice!