Sign in to follow this  
ddjchemist

Greetings from The Pacific Northwest (USA)

I am a new member of this forum and relatively new to leather craft. I live in Seattle (USA) and work as a scientist (analytical chemist). I started playing with leather slightly over a year ago. Over time I realized I enjoy doing it, so for the last few months my leather working got more serious and I made some decent looking wallets. I use only simple leather working tools and currently do not have any machines. I gave few wallets as gifts to family members and friends, and now some people are interested in buying my wallets, so I am in process of registering a legal company for tax purpose (unfortunately, death and tax is something we can't avoid). 

I already posted another tread showing my work. Here I am posting few pictures of a wallet that I made last night, so I would highly appreciate your inputs. This wallet is made from cowhide (exterior) and lambskin/cowhide (interior). All the leather pieces are double sided.  I am still in process of self-learning leather craft and your comments would be highly appreciated. 

Cheers from Needle City (Seattle),

Dan

DDJ_03112023_1.jpg

DDJ_03112023_2.jpg

DDJ_03112023_4.jpg

DDJ_03112023_3.jpg

DDJ_03112023_5.jpg

Welcome from Sequim,Washington.  I lived in Kent for a few years as well. I think the wallet looks fine. You will always find places to improve with each project. I might suggest skiving down the edges to reduce bulk. But, that's nit picking. Nice job!

Thanks for the suggestion. I am often learning from my mistakes and try to improve as I go. 

Very clean work.  Agree with skiving down edges or maybe not doubling the inside pockets to reduce the edge thickness.  

Thanks Pastor Bob!! 

Looks nice good luck with your new company I wish you the best.

Thanks Samalan. 

I am really not expecting to make any net profit. I just hope to sell enough wallets to support my hobby. For example, a week ago I spent $600 on leather, so I hope to sell enough wallets to cover those $600. 

Welcome from Bellingham. Nice looking wallet. Keep up the good work. 
Charley