LeatherNovice123

How can I remove sun damage lines from an aniline leather chair?

I recently purchased an aniline leather chair that has been exposed to the sun and has developed some lines on the surface. I've tried cleaning it, but the lines are still quite visible. Has anyone had success in removing sun damage lines from aniline leather? Is there any specific product or technique that you would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

chairpicture

In all honesty, it doesn't look that bad. By trying to remove them may make it look worse and even cause more damage. 

Your choice, but I'd be leaving it alone. 

HS

I've tried to bleach out the sun tan on pieces of vegtan where part of the hide had been exposed to sun while stored.  Used oxalic acid at varying strengths, up to a really strong mixture where no more crystals would dissolve.   It doesn't bleach out!

Some of the marks from what I can see looks like the natural wrinkles in the hide.  They look good and as said, are natural.  Again, you won't be able to get rid of them either.

If it is sun damage, and the way I interpret the photos, that is in doubt, I don't know of an easy way to "fix" it.  Short of dyeing or painting the whole surface, there is no magic formula I'm aware of that could eliminate variation in color due to sunlight exposure or anything else.

I don't see any sun damage either. If you are referring to the lines at the side of the arm rest, my guess would be wrinkles in the hide. I know sun damage as exposed parts (like the top of the arm rest) being much lighter in colour than non-exposed parts.

Fire would get it out :devil:

Edited by SaintJoy18

That's a beautiful chair don't screw it up.

18 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

That's a beautiful chair don't screw it up.

Agreed. Looks kinda ' retro' , looks comfy too  . Wouldn't take me long to fall asleeeee.....:zzz:

HS