flyingpirate

Why this is happening?

I am new with sewing machine. Sometimes it can be frustrating. I don't know why this is happening but i am going crazy. I guess it is something silly though. Any ideas?

IMG_20230315_210821.jpg

@flyingpirate - Without knowing more about what you're doing... thread path, thread and needle size, etc. it's hard to diagnose what might be wrong.  But the first thing to try is a new needle... when I get fraying like that on my top thread it's usually the needle that's at fault.

You probably should also rethread the machine completely besides changing the needle.  Make sure it's the right size for the thread you're using.  Make sure it's a good quality thread and not inconsistent junk thread.

Hope this is of help.

Needle are 100/16 thread 40 European standards. Quality thread, same i have been using since I got the machine in January. I already changed the needle....still happening 

Got to be something in thread patch or burr on the hook.  Check those areas.

glenn

Your needle is in the wrong way around. Turn it 180 degrees and try again. Also an size 18 can often work better with the size 40 thread.

Aussie may be right. Looks like your bevel is on the wrong side. Groove down the needle goes onthe left.

Wow!! i feel so dummy, i haven't used the machine in just a week and look what happened. I should open a topic about how the frustration blind you to the simplest. 

Thanks guys 

@flyingpirate Is it me, or does the needle look a little blunt?  That too can make a difference . 

HS

11 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Your needle is in the wrong way around. Turn it 180 degrees and try again. Also an size 18 can often work better with the size 40 thread.

I came in here, was going to say the Scarf is on the left side....(rotate the needle)

OK . . . with baited breath . . . we ask the eternal question . . . 

Is it fixed?

May God bless,

Dwight

All right, it seems fixed. I feel ashamed though. It was ridiculously simple and i was starting to paranoid. Sometimes it's better to breathe, step back from your project and check leatherworker.net

Thanks, appreciate the help.

2 hours ago, flyingpirate said:

All right, it seems fixed. I feel ashamed though. It was ridiculously simple and i was starting to paranoid. Sometimes it's better to breathe, step back from your project and check leatherworker.net

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Never be ashamed of "missing something" . . . that's just life throwing you a curve to see if you can hit it.  Sometimes we need a coach.

I just purchased 1k$ worth of drone and accessories . . . am in the process of learning to use it.  Bought an Ipad to control it . . . knowing that there are a small few of them that will not operate with an Ipad.  After 13 days of trying unsuccessfully I was all set to return the Ipad the next day when my 14 day return policy would die.

My youth pastor at church took a look at it . . . asked me if I had tried using both of my normal email addresses . . . and of course the answer was yes.

Funny thing . . . when he tried the other one . . . drone started working.

I simply must have mis spelled it or something.

Feel dumb??  Sure did . . . happy I asked for help??  Sure was . . . but never ashamed of it . . . he and I hit that curve ball out of the park.

May God bless,

Dwight

Just the other day I went to use my cobra. The needle would go up and down, but would not feed.  OMG! What is wrong. Just about to panic when I decided to try it in reverse... it was in the middle... Neutral I guess.. all good now. I'm still not totally un-clenched.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:30 PM, shoepatcher said:

Got to be something in thread patch or burr on the hook.  Check those areas.

glenn

Looking at your picture, needle is in backwards.  Scarf of needle needs to be on the right side.