327fed

What is This Stuff?

I bought  5 sheets of this black plastic sheet, 1/4 x 4 ft x 8 ft and a couple 5 ft x 10 ft. Was thinking of making a cutting table  from it. System wont let me post the 2nd picture . Is this HDPE? Wish it was white. 

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0168.thumb.JPG.616a655be464450ef4e38f20f85990be.JPG

This might be what you have , I don't know .   https://www.mcam.com/en/products/shapes/engineering/tivar/tivar-eco-uhmw-pe

Edited by Gezzer
wrong link

Ya done good!

UHMW polyethylene is different from HDPE.  Here is one explanation https://plastichowto.wordpress.com/category/uhmw/#:~:text=One note about the static,would be the better choice..  I bought a 4 x 8 ft sheet of white HDPE from Menards and am quite happy with it.

IMG-6464.thumb.jpg.4945b05a8d5e0d4edc82d15973792676.jpg

We don’t have Menards around here. Sounds like a good place though. 

Yes, I posted this question over on "computer help" and never got a response :

What is the 1.5 MB max? Per post, hour, or day? 

I posted a 500 MB photo in one post, then tried a 1 MB in the next post, it denied the second. I shrunk the 2nd so that it was below 1 MB and it went. If I wait an hour can I post pics again?

I have taken pics with my ipad and they are too large. 

I have taken pics with my phone and they are too large. 

I now take pics with an ancient  Canon camera and sometimes they go, sometimes not. 

I realize there is software that shrinks pics, I dont have it. 

Sometimes I am able to shrink files with my Canon Camera to under the 1.5 MB and still cant post. 

Sometimes I try to post 2 pics in the same post, the total of both don't exceed 1.5 mb. and they don't post. Sometimes I try to post 2 pics neither exceeding 1.5 mb, and I cant post them in consecutive posts. I know this is off topic here but thats why I asked it  March 9 in Computer Help section and got no help. 

I am not a computer professional that does leather on the side. This is difficult for me. 

11 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Yes, I posted this question over on "computer help" and never got a response :

What is the 1.5 MB max? Per post, hour, or day? 

I posted a 500 MB photo in one post, then tried a 1 MB in the next post, it denied the second. I shrunk the 2nd so that it was below 1 MB and it went. If I wait an hour can I post pics again?

I have taken pics with my ipad and they are too large. 

I have taken pics with my phone and they are too large. 

I now take pics with an ancient  Canon camera and sometimes they go, sometimes not. 

I realize there is software that shrinks pics, I dont have it. 

Sometimes I am able to shrink files with my Canon Camera to under the 1.5 MB and still cant post. 

Sometimes I try to post 2 pics in the same post, the total of both don't exceed 1.5 mb. and they don't post. Sometimes I try to post 2 pics neither exceeding 1.5 mb, and I cant post them in consecutive posts. I know this is off topic here but thats why I asked it  March 9 in Computer Help section and got no help. 

I am not a computer professional that does leather on the side. This is difficult for me. 

i use a canon. what i do is download them to my computer then open them with the pcs browser ( windows ten) left click brings up a menu with resize, i use "best for emails or messages"

save it to that size and post.  i can post about three before going over the limit, then i just quote myself and add more.

@327fed if you are running Windows , paint will resize very well . Use the pixel option not the percent , I can post several at 900x650 in one post . Assuming you use the Canon .

Edited by Gezzer

7 hours ago, 327fed said:

Yes, I posted this question over on "computer help" and never got a response

I can't find your post there. Also, I check most new posts each day and haven't seen it.  Just checked the list of your posts and it doesn't appear there either.  So looks like you failed to complete the post.  That is why you have received no reaponse to your post!

It is the last post in the thread below.

Shows up for me. 

r on the side. This is difficult for me. 

17 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Shows up for me. 

I see it there now.  I had wrongly assumed that you started a new thread.

The best answer you're going to get is from that thread, unless you want to send a PM to Johanna who is the font of all knowledge on the operation of this site. 

image.png