Edsbear

Forward/Reverse stitch length

Hi,

My Brother LS2-B837 won't reverse into the same holes, the reverse stitch is smaller. I have adjusted the reverse lever stop to make a bigger stitch but this doesn't make any difference.

Does anyone know if there is something else to adjust to balance the stitches

Many thanks

Thats been on here a few times.

try this https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/106927-help-with-singer-211g166/?tab=comments#comment-709444 

Also  @Wizcrafts  may be able to help . 

HS

The manual for my machine, a singer 211, mentions that some models have unequal forward and reverse stitch length by design. There's a limiter bracket installed on the reversing arm which limits both the forward stitch length and reduces the reverse stitch length.  There's still an adjustment that would normally be used to equalize the stitch length on the arm that drives the feed dog shaft.    Your machine is different than mine but there's typically an adjustment on the stitch length mechanism to equalize forward and reverse stitches. 

Thanks Quade,

I have adjusted the reverse lever stop to make a bigger stitch but this doesn't make any difference. Still not the same as forward.

I still cant find the adjustment to equalise forward and reverse stitch length 

I was able to equalize the forward and reverse stitch length on my 211g156. I adjusted a cam on the lower shaft, but don't recall which one. But, the maximum length became 5 stitches per inch in both directions.

If you have fiddled with the cam that is supposed to balance the forward and reverse and can't get close to 5 to the inch, something else has to be worn out or loose. Check the feed dogs and the fork they mount on. Check the slop on the bottom shaft itself.

I was able to equalize the forward and reverse stitch length on my 211g156. I adjusted a cam on the lower shaft, but don't recall which one. But, the maximum length became 5 stitches per inch in both directions.

Smaller.png.cbd45554b97bff9c07fec6d44922aebd.png

The arm on the left hand side there with the slot in it. I believe that's how you equalize the stitch.   You have to loosen some set screws to allow it to turn.  I'd really recommend reading the manual. 

The base of my Brother B837 looks a bit different to the 211g156 but there must be something similar to adjust but cant see which bit

Thanks everyone

BrotherB8372.jpg

That center shaft is what changes when you put it in reverse.  You can see the linkage on the right side.  I'm not clear how it works on this machine.