ArkieNewbie

Money Clip Wallet for a Friend

A friend at work show me his wallet a while back and how rough it was looking. It was bonded leather and completely falling apart. I told him I would make him a new one. He has a son that is a USMC Aviator so he wanted the USMC Globe and Anchor on it. The main parts are 2/3oz veg tan tied with Fieblings Walnut dye and finished with Feiblings Leather Balm with Atom wax. I was super happy with how the final finish turned out!

I used pig skin for the inside parts and the card slot pockets using a method @Frodo showed me a while back and it worked like a charm.

If I had it to do over again I would use one piece of leather for the outside instead of two smaller pieces. I feel like that would have made a better "hinge". Anyways, he was REALLY happy with it! He immediately pulled his other wallet out of his pocket took everything out and threw his old wallet in the trash. What do y'all think?

John Wallet 1.jpg

John Wallet 2.jpg

John Wallet 3.jpg

John Wallet 4.jpg

John Wallet 5.jpg

Looks  fine !!  I can't get the nerve to try a wallet .  I like the  USMC  stamp :thumbsup:

pretty good :yes:

Nothing like a gift for a friend.  

heck yea nice job and nice of you!

Good job

!!!!!!

Oh Yeah, Frodo has become a friend to many here, including myself - Thanks Frodo.

Your Bilfold looks great, and Pigskin as I understand it is quite strong too,  Good work !