AlizabethThomas

Alpha S.M. skiver cross reference?

I have this Alpha S.M. bell skiver and am trying to identify a company who may still make and sell any parts for it that I need. I know there's a lot of machine cloning that has happened over the decades and this is one vein of that which I have found myself wanting to trace for future mechanical endeavors.

I acquired this beautiful skiving machine last November and have finally set up a space for it in the sewing room of my shoe repair shop. 

I couldn't think of any better way to convey what I am looking for help with other than to say "cross reference". I can't find much evidence of the company that made this bell skiver. I did a bunch of Googling and the machine that looks most similar in the area where the work happens is the Sagitta model. Some parts of it look like the F.A.V. machine. In the process, I learned that there is an Italian name for skiving machine, simply "scarnitrice". Many company or machine names have that word before it.

The company in L.A. that originally sold it has an active business listing online. I could tell they have a smaller focus and appear more to be headed towards die cutting than bell skiver sales, and having been in business since 1954, maybe a part time operation. I got their voicemail right away and they probably only bother returning calls with larger clients.

I am attaching photos in case any owners spot part numbers or part shapes exactly matching theirs. 

IMG_20230405_150139_10_x_15_Landscape_(152.4_x_101.6_mm).jpg

IMG_20230405_145637_10_x_15_Landscape_(152.4_x_101.6_mm).jpg

There are also older Alpha models in google searches, but none that look like this one. It has a modern look to the arm. The vacuum debris extraction table looks exactly like many other models. I'm waiting for a 1-2hp digital 3 phase converter device for it which I think will be adequate for this 3 motor rig, the largest of which is 1/2 hp. 

IMG_20230405_145637_10_x_15_Landscape_(152.4_x_101.6_mm).jpg

IMG_20230405_150041_10_x_15_Landscape_(152.4_x_101.6_mm).jpg

Wow, it's strange to see an other one like this. First time I've seen one exactly like mine. Alpha SM doesn't exist anymore. Dependent of what part you need, feet's, roller's and bell knifes are standard parts that fit most machines. This a great machine, mine has three motors. One for a constant feed roller, one little 12v servo for the feed roller (inbuilt in the head) and one for the vacuum suction device. I have it hooked up to a frequency controller, no 3 phase in my shop.  What pars do you need?

FB_IMG_1684490521599.jpg

It's a Great machine! Advantages are: constant speed bell knife,  dedicated servo motor for perfect control of the feeding and suction device with dedicated fan motor. I do have many different feet's, foot roller for skiving and serated steel roller for feeding heavy leather. I've had this for about 10 years now, I know that standard feet's, feed roller and bell knifes fit this. I do have a part list on paper, but it will do you no good now. What parts do you need? Where are you located, I'm in Oslo Norway.

Tor

IMG_20230518_025616.jpg