Sign in to follow this  
Leather2

Consew 206 rb-1

Hi I have an opportunity to look at a Consew 206 rb 1 for a listing price of $750

the current owner has had it for seven years and is the second owner. The motor is a clutch motor not a servo motor. 
Is this a good deal? I want to use the machine for belts, wallets and purses.

thanks

1 hour ago, Leather2 said:

Hi I have an opportunity to look at a Consew 206 rb 1 for a listing price of $750

This is a older Consew model as the new version is RB-55. To get the most out of the machine for your sewing needs you would really need to add a servo motor. A servo motor will give you the slow speed control needed with a very short learning curve where as a clutch motor is much, much more difficult. This upgrade will probably run about $200 and is worth every penny. That will drive your price up to about $950 and new Consew RB-5 will be about $1500. I would look for a newer version or just bite the bullet and spent the extra for a new one. Without seeing the machines condition etc if the price of the machine was including the cost of replacing the motor in the $500 range, maybe.

For doing wallets the RB machines should be quite capable but purses may pose a challenge depending on style, thickness of leather, thickness of seams, type of leather and size of thread. For doing circular type items you would be better off getting a cylinder arm machine (new or used) with a flat top attachment. That way you would be able to sew the flat items like wallets with the flat top attachment installed and cylinder items with it removed. I would suggest looking at Juki 341/ 1341 or clone.

You should take a few minutes and read the article by Wiz

Do you have a photo of the machine?

kgg

Edited by kgg

25 minutes ago, kgg said:

This is a older Consew model as the new version is RB-55. To get the most out of the machine for your sewing needs you would really need to add a servo motor. A servo motor will give you the slow speed control needed with a very short learning curve where as a clutch motor is much, much more difficult. This upgrade will probably run about $200 and is worth every penny. That will drive your price up to about $950 and new Consew RB-5 will be about $1500. I would look for a newer version or just bite the bullet and spent the extra for a new one. Without seeing the machines condition etc if the price of the machine was including the cost of replacing the motor in the $500 range, maybe.

For doing wallets the RB machines should be quite capable but purses may pose a challenge depending on style, thickness of leather, thickness of seams, type of leather and size of thread. For doing circular type items you would be better off getting a cylinder arm machine (new or used) with a flat top attachment. That way you would be able to sew the flat items like wallets with the flat top attachment installed and cylinder items with it removed. I would suggest looking at Juki 341/ 1341 or clone.

You should take a few minutes and read the article by Wiz

Do you have a photo of the machine?

kgg

Thanks

@Leather2 Moved your post to leather sewing machines

Your location affects prices too.  From your IP address, you appear to be in Nevada.  You could update your profile with your location so you get more relevant help and information to your area.