JWheeler331

Schofield Holsters and Money Belt

Just finished up this set of Schofield Holsters and Money Belt. 

IMG_3900_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_3868_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_3869_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_3885_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

I am not a fan of Schofield revolvers but that certainly a nice rig to carry them in.

nice looking rig indeed.  Is the belt made from a piece of folded leather?  I only see one stitch line; on the top.  Is this for the money belt portion?  Can you post some pics of the inside showing how you did the money belt?

55 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

nice looking rig indeed.  Is the belt made from a piece of folded leather?  I only see one stitch line; on the top.  Is this for the money belt portion?  Can you post some pics of the inside showing how you did the money belt?

Yes, its one wide piect folded over and sewn along the edge. Then the end is left open for silver dollars and such. Like the money belts of the 19th century. 

Let me see if I have some more pics of it. 

59 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

I forgot to take pics of the process because this was the first money belt I have done. Here is a photo of the opening though. There is a slot in it that the belt billet goes through to keep money from falling out. 

IMG_3870.jpg

2 hours ago, doubleh said:

I am not a fan of Schofield revolvers but that certainly a nice rig to carry them in.

Thanks. 

Whoo-eee, Boy! I do like me some Schofield revolvers...and a brace of them, at that! Sure is a nice rig...heirloom work you've done there. I really like the color you picked and the border stamping....not "too fancy" and it compliments the shooting irons quite well. The money belt is a great design for this type of setup too...well executed! 

Thanks for sharing!

42 minutes ago, JWheeler331 said:

I forgot to take pics of the process because this was the first money belt I have done. Here is a photo of the opening though. There is a slot in it that the belt billet goes through to keep money from falling out. 

IMG_3870.jpg

Thanks. 

That is pretty cool.  Never seen such!  well done!!

1 hour ago, Double Daddy said:

Whoo-eee, Boy! I do like me some Schofield revolvers...and a brace of them, at that! Sure is a nice rig...heirloom work you've done there. I really like the color you picked and the border stamping....not "too fancy" and it compliments the shooting irons quite well. The money belt is a great design for this type of setup too...well executed! 

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much for the kind words. I wanted a little embelishment on the holsters but nothing over the top so just did a simple border stamping. 

42 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

That is pretty cool.  Never seen such!  well done!!

It was a popular design in the 19th century. Kind of an easy way to carry your money or small valuables right there on/in your gun belt. 

Pretty cool! Nice work.

Love that.  nice work.

Nice!  What weight and leather is the belt made from?

God bless

That looks great!

Very nice work!

15 hours ago, Hags said:

Pretty cool! Nice work.

Thanks Hags. 

15 hours ago, Littlef said:

Love that.  nice work.

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Nice!  What weight and leather is the belt made from?

God bless

The belt is made from 4-5 oz leather folded over.  Normally I like to use Hermann Oak leather for most of my stuff but this is just some Tandy In Store Special stuff they had on sale one day when I was in there. Can't remember what exactly it is but its pretty nice stuff. 

11 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

That looks great!

Thanks. 

Edited by JWheeler331

2 hours ago, BigBore said:

Very nice work!

Appreciate it BigBore. 

first rate as always my friend!! never done a money belt hope I get to one of these days.

17 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

first rate as always my friend!! never done a money belt hope I get to one of these days.

Thank you Chuck. This was the first money belt I have done. Not bad but def. a little different than normal. 

Edited by JWheeler331