Sign in to follow this  
Heartless

Hello from central Wisconsin!

New here and new to leather crafting.

Have always admired well crafted leather goods and tooling? oh yeah!
so i have finally decided to try my hand at this craft, and so far I am enjoying it very much. still trying to decide which way I really want to go, thus the different pieces..

1. suede teddy bear, 2. pistol case made of Cowboy pull-up, lined with natural shearling, 3. veg tan skull votive and 4. the front & back panels for what will be another pistol case

the teddy bear is all suede, body seams stitched on my grandmother's old Necchi Lelia 513 that I inherited, the other stuff is (or will be) all hand stitched. I also have a small-ish satchel bag I made using a dieselpunk-ro pattern (love his stuff!) - need to take some pics of that yet.

the tooled panels are my first "real" attempt at tooling.. I did a bit of fooling around on some scrap pieces to get a feel for the tools, and to see how well my hands could handle doing it (arthritis issues). I know it is not perfect, not by any stretch, but feel i did ok for a beginner. the basket weave is all hand cut and beveled.. couple of goofs in there, but these are for myself at this point, so I am ok with it.

teddy bear 1copy.jpg

pistol case 1copy.jpg

votive skull 1copy.jpg

pistol case panelscopy.jpg

WELCOME! Nice work.

3 hours ago, Hags said:

WELCOME! Nice work.

Thanks! =)

Your tooling, as well as all the projects are very impressive for a beginner. Welcome to the addiction!

1 hour ago, rleather said:

Your tooling, as well as all the projects are very impressive for a beginner. Welcome to the addiction!

thank you, very much.. i spent many hours watching videos - lots and lots of videos! before i ever picked up a tool

sewing comes naturally to me, I learned that from my Grandmother when I was very young.. learned on the very machine i now own. the artistic side, well, i have always had, or so I am told... leather is just a new medium for me.

Well done and welcome from SW Missouri.  Have been at leatherworking for a couple of years and am still learning new stuff daily.  Enjoy the knowledge and projects from around the world here.  Keep sharing your work.  It looks great!

thanks @PastorBob - and I do try to learn something new everyday, regardless of what it is... the day we stop learning is the day they put us 6ft under. =P