Sign in to follow this  
rlevine

Singer badge pins?

It's a trivial thing, and doesn't at all make a machine work better, but I'd appreciate any pointers for sourcing rosette-headed pins for replacing a Singer badge. My plan A is just filing down some copper rivets, but I'd love to find real ones. (Yeah, I'm easily amused.)

Thanks!

Rick

These are available in all sorts of head shapes and diameters once you search for the correct name - that I can never spell correctly :)

356287E9-AC08-4A00-A76B-A7C5EA464B8B.png

Edited by DonInReno

These are available in all sorts of head shapes and diameters once you search for the correct name - that I can never spell correctly

This is gold.  I'm re-doing a Singer  403 and uses a couple of these. Oddly most of the plates are held in place with tiny counter-sunk screws. 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, Constabulary said:

How many do you actually need?

Heh. Two. I followed @DonInReno's advice and just searched for the unspellable "escutcheon pin" and found brass pins. I like the Singer rosette heads, but it occurred to me that they may use a rosette striker to set them, rather than having pins with rosette heads. 

(Thanks Don!)

Rick

I'm pretty sure the OEM pins already have the head.  Same for my Logan lathe. 

On 6/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, rlevine said:

Heh. Two. I followed @DonInReno's advice and just searched for the unspellable "escutcheon pin" and found brass pins. I like the Singer rosette heads, but it occurred to me that they may use a rosette striker to set them, rather than having pins with rosette heads. 

(Thanks Don!)

Rick

Once upon a time I saw some of those brass pins with a rosette head - I’ve searched and searched and came up with nothing.   Searching for oddball things has become much harder since every searched item seems to be paid placement anymore.   Lol