Sign in to follow this  
freak

bio-mech design

I'm making this for a good friend. He's got a tattoo on his leg, his only tat. It's kind of what they call bio-mech design but this was really before they named the design (or so i think). Anyway i've always liked it and thought it would look cool in leather. So i'm making a notebook for him.

I have just a little more tooling to do. The design on the right side, which will be the cover is what's on his leg. The back piece is my design to match. I"m really just thinking of antiquing this but, his tat has a little color. If i color the background/inside the circle parts red and then antiq over it, will it still have some shade of red ?? Also without adding a hint of white over that how can i make it appear wet ?

lhtooled01sm.jpg

post-158-1195274801_thumb.jpg

freak, you may call that "Bio-tech" but I swear it's something I saw once back in the early 70's.... Great looking work though.

As to the red, if you want it to stand out more, put a coat of white on first, then the red. This will reflect the light back through the red and give it a more prominent look.

Ken

Oh, i love this design. I really like the non traditional. Very tribal!!

Nice Freak. Good design on your part too. That's the kind of tooling I like to see, different. Not traditional western floral myself. Check some of the airbrush mags for some more designs. Or maybe this site, www.airbrushartists.org. Lot of the biomech stuff is just grays to lend to the metal effects but I think any way you finish it would be great. Keep up the good work.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

Freak, that is freaking awesome

Thank you all very much ! Usually bio-mech designs have way more stuff going on. This is a pretty simply design but was a one off till i put it on leather. LOL !! Thinking back i'de say his tat is about 10 years old . Anyway i got a little time today/tonite and added some color. Hopefully this week i can finish it up. I'll add a few pictures, i was very tempted to leave it natural with the red backing but, went ahead and antiqued.

I'll take a better pic tomorrow when i have better lighting.

Jim i'm amazed by what tattoo and airbrush artist can come up with when it comes to this style of art. It seems there is no limit and styles can very greatly but still be in the same realm.

lhcoverred01.jpg

lhcoverred02.jpg

lhcover03sm.jpg

post-158-1195619545_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195619551_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195619563_thumb.jpg

Dude... you are a freak... and that freakin pops.... way too sweet... that would look awesome on a motorcycle seat...

freak...you're freakin me out. Great looking now that it has some color, and just the right color to boot.

Ken

Freakin Thanks. LOL

Just a better pic here. I did glue a liner in. Will the smell of glue ever go away and the smell of leather come back ?? I've never lined anything of this size. Mostly just wristband and the smell of glue leaves fairly fast.

lhcover04.jpg

post-158-1195703848_thumb.jpg

Will the smell of glue ever go away and the smell of leather come back ??

Now I know how you came up with the design...LOL QUIT SMELLING THE GLUE!!!!!!

Looks GREAT.

Ken

Now I know how you came up with the design...LOL QUIT SMELLING THE GLUE!!!!!!

Looks GREAT.

Ken

LOL !!! What is that wrong ? I need to get a picture of his tat to post with this.

I used my 40% off TLF coupon yesterday to get roo lace. I cleaned them out and i must say,

"WOW !!" what a freakin difference. I'll never go back.

Anyway i got it done and now i can't wait to give it to him. Hope I can wait till X-Mas.

Now i gotta make one for myself cause this has turned out to be my fav of my projects.

done01.jpg

lhnotebook02sm.jpg

lhnotebook03sm.jpg

lhnotebook04sm.jpg

lhnotebook01.jpg

post-158-1195931327_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195931358_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195931370_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195931380_thumb.jpg

post-158-1195931389_thumb.jpg

Outstanding work there freak. From start to finish you've done a great job on that, and your friend is going to love it...but wait till Xmas.

Ken

very nice bro....

Thanks for the kind words. So far all that has walked thru my house has seen it and love it. Even my mom and i thought for sure she'd say something about the design but, it seems the wow factor got her. :thumbsup:

I forgot to add this is the first thing i've done using my new bevels and swivel Knife i got from Berry King . Wow what a difference, i had no idea. I used all eco-flo dye and the gel antique tan (only the 2nd time i got the finish i wanted with the antique ) .

Now i'm about to make me a table to work on in my "man room" then i'll start my next one.

lhnotebook05b.jpg

post-158-1196020009_thumb.jpg

Nice man. From concept to design to build. Great work. Luv the colors. Now I gotta try one, my daughter wants something done like that. She's like daddy, she likes different. And you gotta admit, for leather, that's different.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

Well i went ahead and gave it to him. Life is funny that way sometimes. He freakin loves it so that feels great. Here's a picture of it next to the tattoo on his leg.

lhwithtat01.jpg

post-158-1197084885_thumb.jpg

That's so neat Freak. Your carving is WAY nicer than the tattoo. Are you sure he likes it cuz if he doesn't, there's a guy in ND that sure does :specool:

Thats very cool, he'd be crazy not to like that.

Very nice freak, well done.

I love making note books and booklet covers and such.....lots of fun. Wish I had more time for them.

You did a great job....keep it up.

Dave Theobald

Looks like he should be very honored by your gift!