Sign in to follow this  
Randy Cornelius

Osborne #5 saddlers hammer wanted

I have been looking to buy an older CS Osborne #5 saddlers hammer for some time but have not come across one that I could get bought. If anyone has one they are wanting to sell PM me with some pictures and price.

Thanks

Randy

Sorry, wouldn't sell mine. Actually mine is the old H.F. Osborne model. C.S. Osborne bought out his brother around 1912 I think. Anyhow, good luck. It took a lotta luck finfing mine at an old junk sale.Have you tried Kieth Pommer or Bob Douglas?

Yes, Too many $ They are proud of thier stuff.

Well I'm not sure what they charge, but I've never seen one anywhere for under $120.00. The new saddle hammers are just as expensive.

I paid $7.00 for mine on ebay. Had to put new wood on the handle but I am a carpenter so that wasn't a big deal for me to find some real nice hardwood flooring scraps

Hello Randy

I have a Roberts Co. #5 which is very similiar difference being a split heel for pulling tacks.

If you are interested we can do some trading.

It is in VG condition with a clean smooth face and the wood on the handle is also good with no splits or serious dings.

I have no idea of the age.

Hello Randy

I have a Roberts Co. #5 which is very similiar difference being a split heel for pulling tacks.

If you are interested we can do some trading.

It is in VG condition with a clean smooth face and the wood on the handle is also good with no splits or serious dings.

I have no idea of the age.

I found 2 on ebay that I am bidding on but not sure if I will get them. Send me MP and tell me what you got in mind as far as a trade. Could you send me a picture.

Randy

Just a recommendation... I was reading the Tools book on using and sharping from Stohlman, and he actually recommends getting one of the ones with the split heel for pulling tacks, take it to someone that welds, and fill in the split, and regrind/polish it and you have a saddler's hammer :D. the tack hammers from osborne are fairly cheap, but the #55's are a chunk of change for a hammer... heck, even the jewelery hammers I have werent that much.

Vince

I found 2 on ebay that I am bidding on but not sure if I will get them. Send me MP and tell me what you got in mind as far as a trade. Could you send me a picture.

Randy