Rawhide

Swivel knife box

big thanks :hug:

You are most welcome :cheers:

Marlon,

Peter's Happy Everything picture was a casualty of the big crash I think, so I'll repost it here.

Caroline, Marlon is right about Peter's blade. That is the one you should try if you are going to be carving thin leather. You will have to contact him directly to order one. I have his blade in a regular Craftool swivel knife. I have a couple Robert Beard blades in Craftool knives too. They work ok for me. Someday I'll get a Bob Beard swivel knife because they are really nice, but like I said in another topic, I think you can make do with what you have a lot of times.

Happy_Everything_2008.JPG

post-12-1203295113_thumb.jpg

Hey Marlon, I'm surprised you aren't going to color it a la peter as well :) Are you going to the embossing workshop he is giving as well?

where did you get the letter from?

-Kevin

Hey Marlon, I'm surprised you aren't going to color it a la peter as well :) Are you going to the embossing workshop he is giving as well?

where did you get the letter from?

-Kevin

Hi Kevin how's it going?

Coloring a la Peter? Naw. I think that Sheridan style has everything too close to color it correctly (at least for me). I do plan to attend the new embossing class. How about you?

The letter came from the cover of Peter's book "The Main Technique..."

Marlon

Hi Kevin how's it going?

Coloring a la Peter? Naw. I think that Sheridan style has everything too close to color it correctly (at least for me). I do plan to attend the new embossing class. How about you?

The letter came from the cover of Peter's book "The Main Technique..."

Marlon

CHEATER! why couldn't his initials be KR???? Does anyone know where to get that font from? Craftaid, MSWord?

I'm in total agreement on Peter's blade for carving in thin leathers. I'll attempt to upload a couple of pictures of my Bob Beard swivel knives and blades. One is of the very fine detail blade and is one you have to be very careful with as it will cut through your leather if you use a heavy hand. The other picture is an assortment of knives and blades (sorry for the blur).

BBFiligreeBlade2__Medium_.jpg

BBSwivel_Knives__Medium_.jpg

post-4-1203373735_thumb.jpg

post-4-1203373798_thumb.jpg

I'm in total agreement on Peter's blade for carving in thin leathers. I'll attempt to upload a couple of pictures of my Bob Beard swivel knives and blades. One is of the very fine detail blade and is one you have to be very careful with as it will cut through your leather if you use a heavy hand. The other picture is an assortment of knives and blades (sorry for the blur).

WOW!

7 Beard Swivel knives? :notworthy:

I wish I could get just one. Maybe I can catch him at a show with some. Hopefully he'll attend the Boot & Saddlemaker's show in Wichita Falls.

Marlon

Marlon,

It's fantastic.

Thanks Howard.

It was definitely fun to make. However I hate the little 3/8" long screws they put in the hinges. I changed them to some longer ones to help hold the lid better. I may put a lanyard on one side or both to keep it from opening all the way.

Marlon

You do some really nice work. Great carving and tooling all around. Very smooth .

You do some really nice work. Great carving and tooling all around. Very smooth .

Thanks freak. I appreciate the comments.

Marlon