Heard

Pfaff 335 model question

I've seen a lot of posts regarding the 335 sub-models.  I have one that doesn't appear to have any sub model number.  Can anyone provide more info for this machine?  I specifically want to know about needle/thread sizes.  I have a couple of 335 manuals that I've downloaded but I don't see really any info regarding this particular model.

Thanks,
Heard

20240608_113621.thumb.jpg.aab8d34a6c6d55633740d56c2feeb448.jpg

more pics of the head please

glenn

No answer, what a pitty.
I have a Pfaff 335 with Erz. Nr. (which, as I understand, is an abbrevation for "Erzeugnis Nummer = product number) "901-0335-044/001".
I do not know if this is a H2, H3 or H4 machine or has classification B/C M N. 

The problem is how to translate these Erz. Nr. to the usual subclass numbers (as -17/03 or  -40/03) or B/C-classification.

I could buy a used Pfaff 1245 with Erz. Nr. 901-0335-044/01, but I stay away buying this machine because I do not know if it has the classification CPMN etc.

So there are these Pfaff machines - mostly those cream-colored ones with brown front plate - where Pfaff did not imprint the usual B/C M N etc, but only the Erz. Nr.
This is utterly frustrating!

These late models were all H4 I believe meaning 14mm lift.

Hope that helps

Edited by shoepatcher

Thanks for the replies.  I'm sorry I didn't post more pics.  I actually didn't have access to the machine until yesterday as I had it in the shop being serviced.  I'm not so sure they did me any favors but they did indicate to use this needle system.

20240812_160909_New.thumb.jpg.d9f600ee2ae07a6e0bfe0922363db511.jpg

Edited by Heard

late 80's machine.  Probably a B class with high lift.  Nice machine.  Uses #92 thread top and bottom.  Can use #138 thread but has to have a few modifications on it.

glenn

very nice machine.  I have operations manual and parts list from this model I believe.

glenn

Thanks!  I wish I still had my Consew 226R from back in the 70's.  I haven't had a machine since about 1982 or so and I wasn't too sure about this machine but I only paid $300 for it.  I do have to switch out the clutch motor for a servo, but still, I'm happy.

Glen, I would gladly pay for a manual or a pdf if you have such. 

Heard

Ok.  Tell me what you need specially.  parts list?  Operations manual?  mechanics manual?  all three if I have them?   The 1245 was superior to the Consew 226 just so you know.  I have sewn on and owned both.

glenn

Hi Glenn.  I would like the ops manual and maybe a parts list. I think that would be beneficial.

Thanks,

Heard

I have bought a Pfaff 335 exactly like @Heard's two months ago. With the machine came an original Pfaff instruction book, which I scanned into a file.  Total size is 45 MB, so I cannot attach the file here. Is there an other option to upload the file in some other place?

@shoepatcher could you describe how to use #138 thread and the few modifications? 

39 minutes ago, canvassewing said:

With the machine came an original Pfaff instruction book, which I scanned into a file.  Total size is 45 MB, so I cannot attach the file here. Is there an other option to upload the file in some other place?

Message me and I'll setup something.

8 hours ago, canvassewing said:

I have bought a Pfaff 335 exactly like @Heard's two months ago. With the machine came an original Pfaff instruction book, which I scanned into a file.  Total size is 45 MB, so I cannot attach the file here. Is there an other option to upload the file in some other place?

@shoepatcher could you describe how to use #138 thread and the few modifications? 

... managed to squeeze the file. Instruction book for Pfaff 335 old casing.

Instruction_book_Pfaff_335_old_casing.pdf

The manual you got is from a Pfaff series older than the machine you purchased.  It will work though.  I think I have a later copy as well.

glenn

8 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

The manual you got is from a Pfaff series older than the machine you purchased.  It will work though.  I think I have a later copy as well.

glenn

Hi Glenn,

I thought so. I would love to look at your - newer - copy. 

Could you disclose the modification needed for the use of #138 thread ?

Uwe K

ok  You must enlarge the hole in both the feed dog and the throat plate to accommodate  #138 thread.  I always increase the top tension when using the #138.    Also, where the thread goes in both the back and front of the finger tag as it clears the tab on each stitch, I slight shorten the tab as as well as round the corn slightly.  This allows the thicker thread to better clear the tab on each stitch.  

As to the parts list, the one i have for your machine is from 1989.  That is the one for your specific machine.     I have 335 parts list from 1950- 2017.

glenn

1 hour ago, shoepatcher said:

ok  You must enlarge the hole in both the feed dog and the throat plate to accommodate  #138 thread.  I always increase the top tension when using the #138.    Also, where the thread goes in both the back and front of the finger tag as it clears the tab on each stitch, I slight shorten the tab as as well as round the corn slightly.  This allows the thicker thread to better clear the tab on each stitch.  

As to the parts list, the one i have for your machine is from 1989.  That is the one for your specific machine.     I have 335 parts list from 1950- 2017.

glenn

Thank you, Glenn. I thought there was more to it. 

As to the parts list. I have a parts list "Pfaff 335" "Bestandteileliste" with no "No. 296-12-14075/1077". Is this the list that you refer to as from 1989? 

Uwe K

close enough