Sign in to follow this  
pepin1948

So long King Frit

Today we put our 13 year old cat, Fritti Tailchaser, to sleep. Despite having an absolute fiasco to deal with at the vet's office, I know I made the right decision. His liver was failing, and he was slowly getting sicker.

Here he is in his "glory days". The one pose, we always called "King Frit" because of how he would stretch out and/or cross his front legs and be looking at you like he knew he was cool.

Fritti_cat_tree_03.jpgFritti_in_bay_window_04.jpgFritti_orange_chair_01.jpg

King_Fritti_05.jpg

post-3-1167790722_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167790752_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167790863_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167790928_thumb.jpg

Awww, I know what a hearbreaker that is, Holly. I lost both my cats the same year, one to cancer, the other to kidney failure. You DID do the right thing, by saving him a lot of misery for nobody's sake. Somewhere in Heaven there is a big ol' gray tomcat in an overstuffed chair basking in a sunbeam that never moves. ;-)

Kate

Edited by CitizenKate

My sincere condolences to you. It's hard to let go, even though you know it's for the best. Last year we had to put our 18 year old cat, Kelly (because she was a 'kellyco cat') to sleep because of kidney failure & on October 20th of this year we put down our 17-1/2 year old dog, Goober. (He would be the equivalent of an 85 year old man and was deaf as a stone, and could only make out shapes, but thank goodness didn't have the terrible arthritis affliction that many dogs suffer.) He did suffer a stroke that day & his organs were shutting down, so I made that decision, as hard as it was to let him go. He was a good dog, and he did his job well- he protected his boys (our two sons).

Thanks for the compassion and kind words. We'd lost our other male cat, Bailey, seen below, last year to cancer. We used to jokingly call him and Fritti the gay cats - they loved each other so much and were always grooming and curling up together. Frit wasn't the same after Bailey's death. Now we have one all- black female, who has always been more of a people cat, so I doubt she'll care at all. (Though she has been looking around for Frit)

100_1100.JPGBailey13.jpg

To those who didn't recognize the reference, Tailchaser's Song is an excellent book by Tad Williams, although the Fritti Tailchaser in the book is an orange tom.

post-3-1167834014_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167834043_thumb.jpg