Sign in to follow this  
SmilinJim

Let's see your work!

Hey folks, come on, post some of your work. If you look at the bottom of the page you see that there are over 600 members. Hey folks, that's a lot. I'd like to see some of your works. There are people from all over the globe out there. I'd like to see what's happening outside the wonderful South. If you've browsed the site you've seen some of my attemps. And I am NOT good at this, yet. Hopefully I'll get better. And if you post you will get feedback, good or bad. It can be a learning experience, But there are a lot of VERY talented people here that are very willing to help with questions you may have. You may have the questions I don't know how to ask.

I've shown you mine now show me yours.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

I promise I will post something soon Jim.. I did get my stitching tree that I was building finished this weekend..

Hey Mathew

Me too. Finished mine Sunday and decided Sunday nite to do it over. Oh well. What did you make the posts and jaws from? I used a 4" wide by 3/8" oak. Made the jaws 3/4" thick but doesn't seem stable enough. I have a heavy hand I guess. Tightens up great and holds the leather, I did cushion the jaws in leather too.

Found some great sites on the net 'after' I completed mine. But getting back, post something, lets see whats happening in the world. Matter of fact post a pic of your stitching tree, I may need to copy something if okay.

BTW, I never have found the address I was looking for. Heck, maybe I dreamed it, you know how us old folk get. If I do happen upon it I will post for ya. If you have a Tandy cataloge call Nick in Montgomery, he'll get it out quick.

Jim

Edited by SmilinJim

Okay, SmilinJim,

I had to think a little before I jumped in to agree--only because it commits me to show some stuff. I don't have much done right now, so it also serves to force me to get my lazy butt busy creating some things.

I do have a holster prototype I can put up, but it's a prototype, so please be kind. First I have to figure out how to post photos.

As an aside, I've found the word "prototype," very useful--especially when I screw something up.

As an aside, I've found the word "prototype," very useful--especially when I screw something up.

Now thats a tip!