Sign in to follow this  
Johanna

Do you have a Makers Mark?

Gunfighter 48, when you ordered your stamp from Grey Ghost

did you send to him a line drawing to make your stamp ?

Luke,

I had 2 sizes made by Jeff at Grey Ghost. He uses CorelDraw so I sent him both the Corel and jpg files. If you send a dfx, plt, or other type, you may want to also send a jpg so you both see the same thing.

I did learn that it is NOT a good idea to put much on the stamp. I created my and it looked great on that 18" monitor. Jeff cautioned me that it wouldn't work as small as I wanted so I bumped them up some. End result was that Jeff made beautiful stamps but, mine are a bit busy. When I get back home, I post picture so you can see what is too much.

Regis

Regis thanks.........

I just want a basic stamp Name , Location

Hope to get it very soon i am in the process of doing 11 Knife sheaths

simmilar to the ones i showed you when you were visiting here.

makers_stamp.pngHere's mine.

Randy

post-62-1191723448_thumb.png

Up till a couple years ago I didnt stamp my knives or sheaths untill a very prominant collector emailed me saying my work was very good and had been mentioned amoung other collectors and the one main reason what turned them off was lack of makers mark. At the time I didnt think the elk cared when I was skinning him with but the point was taken , if your proud of your work MARK IT. Your fellow pears may beable to tell its your work but we arent in the buisness to impress peers as uch as the public that buys our work.

After I started stamping I was amazed at the amount of customers who came saying they had seen my work and the mark, got online and looked it up wanting to purchase. It is to me anyway, a form of advertising AND pride. I have several marks, one for Knives, one for blacksmithing and one for bits and spurs which is simply my brand. Here is my knife logo. And what it looks like on steel, A custom forging hammer I make.

Master_stamp_dan_3_copy1_co.jpg

elhammerstamp6.jpg

post-128-1191731356_thumb.jpg

post-128-1191731614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Romey

Gunfighter 48, when you ordered your stamp from Grey Ghost

did you send to him a line drawing to make your stamp ?

I faxed him a 600 dpi image of my stamp (I used Publisher and cut and paste to make the image) and we got together on the phone. I told him what font and size I was wanting to use and he said he could do it up in Corel in a few minutes. He faxed me a completed image, it looked great so I called him and said do it done deal. He really is great to work with. I used the stamp tonight on some cased leather and it makes a great impression. I was concerned the small A's might not show well but everything shows up great.

Tomorrow business cards and rubber stamp, the next day the WORLD!!!! Well a guy can dream can't he!! :thumbsup:

John

Hopefully it's okay to dredge this back up, but I just found it.

My dad made my makers stamp for me out of a big spike nail. I will usually put it somewhere on everything I make, but sometimes I'll put it right square in the middle of everything. Usually just on stuff for myself though. See my pic for what I mean.

Hopefully you guys can recognize it for what it is............some people just can't see it.

It's also my personal trademark....if I might be so vain as to say.

Timbo

Current_008.jpg

post-5218-1196127766_thumb.jpg

My maker's stamp is more the traditonal shape and style. The brand in the middle is my first brand and it was registered in Dona Ana County New Mexico in 1953. I used just the brand as a maker's mark for quite some time/

P6262745.jpg

Paul

Hopefully it's okay to dredge this back up, but I just found it.

My dad made my makers stamp for me out of a big spike nail. I will usually put it somewhere on everything I make, but sometimes I'll put it right square in the middle of everything. Usually just on stuff for myself though. See my pic for what I mean.

Hopefully you guys can recognize it for what it is............some people just can't see it.

It's also my personal trademark....if I might be so vain as to say.

Timbo

Either Lips, Horns, or a mustache.....

Edited by wolvenstien

MAKERS STAMP,YOU SHOWED ME YOURS, NOW I'LL SHOW YOU MINE.

HOPEFULLY.....DAMM I DID IT...

L_E_H_040.jpg

post-1906-1196131732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

Luke,

Good lookin' stamp. I put toooo much on mine and it's hard to read.

Here is mine. This was usually engraved in via the laser engraver. Nice thing about, I can resize it to any size. peace.

Either Lips, Horns, or a mustache.....

I guess I gotta get one made professional like...........its a moustache.

Guess I'll give grey ghost a call........

Tim

Those of you who have oval maker's stamps, do you by chance also have oval punches to punch them out? Siegel's end of year sale has a two inch round punch for a very good price. I'd love to find that same width in an oval punch.

Ed