Sign in to follow this  
SmilinJim

easy pineapple knots

Where can I find something on easy pineapple knots. A simple tutorial, I'm old and cranky and forget a lot so I need simple. Want to use for covering tool handles. Or any orther suggestions would be appreciated.

Keep on smilin

Jim

If you can do a simple turkshead, any two turksheads with the same number of bights and odd parts that differ by two and are don,t violate the common divisor rule, can be interwoven for a type one pineapple knot. Braid the larger turkshead for a foundation and enter it with the running end of the smaller with an under two. Then parallel the part of the foundation on the side away from the direction of the wrap exactly till you can cross under the X under the bight at the other side. Then parallel the part on the same side of the running end back across. Any time you come to the parallel pair with the running end, split it, maintaining the parallel path with the running end. This sequence works with any size turksheads that can be braided. It is almost the same thing as raising a simple turkshead by two parts and bights by laying tracks and splitting pairs, if you are familiar with that method.

Sidney Wood

Where can I find something on easy pineapple knots. A simple tutorial, I'm old and cranky and forget a lot so I need simple. Want to use for covering tool handles. Or any orther suggestions would be appreciated.

Keep on smilin

Jim

One of the least confusing treatments of this kind of knots is Robert L. Woolery's "Braiding Rawhide Horse Tack". The catch is he doesn't call the basic knots turksheads but his basic knots are just that and the interweaves he gives result in type 1 or type 2 pineapple knots.

Sidney Wood