Sign in to follow this  
Don101

reproduction holster

This is a reproduction holster that was made originally by the M.E.French Saddlery in Montrose in Colorado around 1900-1910, pictured in the book packing iron page 129

French_Saddlery_reproduction.jpg

post-1381-1177168973_thumb.jpg

Maker_unknown_1875.jpg Maker_unknown_1875_page_100_Packing_Iron_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

Here is a reproduction rig i made a couple of weeks ago, the leather has just been oiled to keep the natural colur

post-1381-1190480094_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1190480253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101

Very nice looking Don, and I love that color. What type of oil is it that you are using?

Ken

its just a plain saddle oil and a bit of sunshine

Well done, Don!

This is a reproduction holster that was made originally by the M.E.French Saddlery in Montrose in Colorado around 1900-1910, pictured in the book packing iron page 129

French_Saddlery_reproduction.jpg

Don, I believe it was you that offered several patterns on one of these posts...can't ever find one when you're looking for one...do you have a pattern for this particular one?

Also, is this pattern meant for a particular gun, or can it be molded to fit others, kinda like some knife sheath makers do?

Thanks, I'm planning on building my first one, probably after the Christmas madness around here, so doing my due diligence research...

You wont find patterns for these old holsters i have to make my own, its was made for the colt clones, you could easly use the style of the carving on a knife sheath with a bit of fantasy, i hve seen holsters that are carved and the same pattern used on spur straps and i have also put this on a knife sheath, ill get the patern pic up for you if you want it but i could only recomend using the collins patern that is on the holster patterns section it does look great on a knife sheath, Don

http://www.leatherworker.net/forum/index.p...amp;#entry16610

french.jpgfrench2.jpgfrench1.jpg

here are the pics for the french holster

colspur.jpgcolmesser.jpg

and here you can see the spur straps that were made by J.S.Collins and then the knife sheath that i adapted from that, Don

post-1381-1196193660_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1196193679_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1196193691_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1196193770_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1196193786_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101