Don101

Let me know if you need holster patterns

I think the book SunshineNative is referring to is "How To Make Holsters" by Al Stohlman.

Basically, it tells you to take a piece of card stock or heavy paper, fold it in half, then lay the gun down (after the obvious safety check...) on its sights centered on the fold in the paper. Then lay it down on its side without moving the gun's location on the paper. Trace the outline of the gun, then remove the gun. I think he suggests at least 3/4" clear around the trigger guard and also at the barrel. Once you get the pattern drawn for the first half, cut around the pattern line for the first half, then fold it on the fold line you previously made, and trace the cut line to the other half of the pattern, add any belt loop folds if you are using that method, then cut the rest of the pattern.

http://www.tandyleat...ature=Product_8

Thank you, THAT is the book I looked at, I am sorry to have not replied sooner. Thank you again.

Sunshine

I was wondering if you have anything for the older type pistols. I have a couple of Flintlocks and also looking for a slim jim left handed cross draw pattern for a 1856 Remington 44cal Cap and Ball pistol. The flintlocks I have are a 45cal Derringer, 1776 style Kentucky and a 1750's style Doglock style pistol.

Thanks

Lokiprime

i think you will find that for the ww1 the us millitary used the 38 cal doubble action from colt, the holster was nearly the same as the 1880 version (i do have a pattern) only slightly larger around the trigger guard as to acomodate the larger framed 38 colt, as for 1911 i do have the civillian for the 1911 from frazier patern Nr 9 but i dont have the ww2 mill 1911a1 pattern

looking for a 49er pattern want to modifi it but dont need to buy thr hole pattern pack to get just one pattern

I am a Police Officer in Texas and looking for a template to complete a 1911 a1 duty holster would prefer an old western look and appeal, nice and fancy none the less. if any one has a template i would appreciate it. please email to klagatella1979@verizon.net thanks a million.

I am a Police Officer in Texas and looking for a template to complete a 1911 a1 duty holster would prefer an old western look and appeal, nice and fancy none the less. if any one has a template i would appreciate it. please email to klagatella1979@verizon.net thanks a million.

Bone Crusher, I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff (35 yrs worked) from Calif. A pretty good holster for a 1911 is in Al Stohlmans book "How to Make Holsters". It comes with a pretty good tooling pattern too. Most of my work is for other LEO's and for duty wear (and almost all of my work) I use two layers of 4/5 oz leather with rough sides bonded (glued) together. That makes a firmer holster than any single piece of heavier leather and the inside of the holster will be smooth. The book is available thru Tandy, and for under $10.00 is worth getting just for the info and patterns in it. Mike

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, ...

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

Hello,

I am attempting to make a set of pommel holsters for American Revolutionary War era/ Napoleonic dragoon flintlock pistols. Any general information or articles you might be able to point me toward would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Kiltone pommelholsterbrasscap.jpg

post-14822-127356049164_thumb.jpg

Don,

What do you have for a Kimber Ultra Carry II? It's basically a 1911 with a 3" barrel. Also, by chance do you have patterns for single stack 1911 mag pouches?

Thanks,

Scav

Hi Don.-

Oh yes, I need a paterns for :

Beretta 92, Browning 9 mm MK, Colt .38 Government and CZ 75B i will appreciate your help

Regards

Ceasar

You don't happen to have a fast draw pattern for 1873 45lc? I'd be very appreciative. I have many others but I can't find a good fast draw template.

Please dont ask for patterns as i dont do them anymore, thanks Don

He posted this in January of this year.

Don,

Sorry, didn't see the post that you were not doing this anymore. My apologies and thanks anyway.

Edited by Joeg

Don, I am new here but I have been looking for a 3 slot Pancake holster for a Springfield XD 45. ANything close would be great. I know how to make a pattern for most styles that fold over but I have forgotten how to do a pancake or slide style. TIA

Sorry I didn't read all the posts maybe someone else as one. I thought of a way to do it but It may wait until I buy a blue gun model since it would be forming the outside wet molding it then developing the pattern from that.