Don101

Let me know if you need holster patterns

well its nearly correct the top backstrap and frame is also higher on the bissley so the screw holes wouldnt match up from a standard SAA back strap but its apearence is very close as you said the hammer and back strap, Don

Don, love the scabbards! Very nice work. The look like they came straight out of "Packing Iron". I love that book.

Mbrien, Yours is very good too. Would love to see some pictures of your gun belts.

All the holsters and scabbards are nice, mbrien I was not able to open your pictures in the format you sent them could you or one of the others that can see them send them out in jpeg of something like that maybe even pdf. Any help will be appreciated. Billy P

All the holsters and scabbards are nice, mbrien I was not able to open your pictures in the format you sent them could you or one of the others that can see them send them out in jpeg of something like that maybe even pdf. Any help will be appreciated. Billy P

i hope mbrien doesnt minde me posting it for him, Don

shotgun_holder_1_.jpg

post-1381-1195365265_thumb.jpg

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

Don101,

Would it be possible to get a pattern for your J.S. Collins holster for a SAA Colt?

Your Compadre in Cheyenne, Wyoming

Dave

T.jpg

post-5164-1195845883_thumb.jpg

Hi Roughrider Yep thats no problem, there is a couple of important things about Teds holster it was lined and note the way its double stiched on the lining that was a way Collins did it, hope the pics help if not i could mail them to you, Don

IMG_0671_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg IMG_0674_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg IMG_0673_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg IMG_0672_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg

post-1381-1195854110_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1195854122_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1195854134_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1195854146_thumb.jpg

Hey Don,

I was browsing the site and found your post, as you can see I'm new here and I was wondering what you might have for a Ruger Vaquero SA? I was thinking about a drop loop style if you have one, I've been doing leather off and on for awhile now and could probably make one up but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Cazio

IMG_0230_840X629.jpg my repro for my win 1873 30"

Kopie_vonIMG_0223.JPG the pattern.... it is carved both sides

Kopie_vonIMG_0231.JPG the original scabbard

hey Don101

Do mind sharing a copy of this scabbard pattern? I've got a project in a holding pattern that would work out great for this design. If you don't mind. I can pay for any copying and mailing. Just drop me a line and let me know what I need to do. You can email the pattern in sections if you like as well. I would sure appreciate it.

kingsxaustin(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

might you have a springfield arms XD 9mm compact pattern for an iwb?

pete

Could I get a pattern for a 1911 as well just to see how is it done have done a few but always willing to compare and learn more you can email Tac_driver_83@yahoo.com

Thanks

Matt

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

I need a pattern for a sig arms model P229 holster if you have one please!

Thanks! Randy

Edited by jake38606

might you have a springfield arms XD 9mm compact pattern for an iwb?

pete

Pete....just finished this IWB with Mag holder for a Glock 27. Still need to wet form it. The pattern for the XD is basically the same, the stitch line is just a tad bit different.

Glock_27_IWB_Mag_001.jpg

Glock_27_IWB_Mag_002.jpg

Dennis

Glock_27_IWB_Mag_001.jpg

Glock_27_IWB_Mag_002.jpg

post-8824-1244733362_thumb.jpg

post-8824-1244733375_thumb.jpg

Hello Don I sure hope you can help me I'm looking for a pattern for a colt 45 single action pistol (western Style) do you happen to have anything like this one?

6488_1080617270529_1679238947_168076_1244687_s.jpg

post-9411-125150101277_thumb.jpg

Don,

Do you have something for a snubnose .38. The style would be just a standard holster worn on the belt, not the pancake style, but with a belt loop on the back.

Thanks,

SMaples

Don do you have a pattern for a Model hp 22 .22 LR cal auto? My friend would like a ankle holster for his .22 pistol. I have never made a holster before but I am looking forward to trying my first one. If you need a picture of the pistol, I can get a picture to you. Thank You very much.

By chance do you have anything for a Kimber Ultra Carry II? I had an inside the waist made up by High Noon, but would like to try my hand on one for the belt.

Thanks,

Scav

Here's a tough one for you how about a pattern for a 22 deringer holster for inside the pants carry?

Patterns for inside the pants deringers are not hard to make at all! The photos are of my 25 deringer, the clip works great inisde the back waist of my pants or skirts and also works well on a bra. I draw lefthanded and it works well! It took only about 30 minutes to sketch, cut and sew!! I also wet molded the holster as well. Wonderful friend did my first one, she taught me how to make almost any quick holster. Havent tried any fancy ones yet!

Dianne

Here's a tough one for you how about a pattern for a 22 deringer holster for inside the pants carry?

skinside.jpg

clipside.jpg

clipside.jpg

skinside.jpg

post-9903-126237290953_thumb.jpg

post-9903-126237292392_thumb.jpg

post-9903-1262373085_thumb.jpg

post-9903-126237309671_thumb.jpg

Edited by SunshineNative

Patterns for inside the pants deringers are not hard to make at all! The photos are of my 25 deringer, the clip works great inisde the back waist of my pants or skirts and also works well on a bra. I draw lefthanded and it works well! It took only about 30 minutes to sketch, cut and sew!! I also wet molded the holster as well. Wonderful friend did my first one, she taught me how to make almost any quick holster. Havent tried any fancy ones yet!

Dianne

Can you post the cutting pattern you used or some instructions on that holster that is what i am looking for i need some cined of pattern or instructin as i have never mad a holst befor i am still new at leather crafts. i am just getting back in to it now and hope to open a buisness in the near futer i have been doing leathercrafts on and off for about 4 years now and i am still learning. check out my post my stuff on the critique post and let me know what you think

Actually I found the instructions in an Al Stohlman book. I laid the gun up on sight edge and drew around it, then without lifting the gun I laid it on the side and drew around that side of it, then rolled it to the other side, traced it again. It was very easy to figure out, the illustration makes it easier, I have attached a couple of pictures maybe they will help. I can't remember the name of the book with the directions but will look when I go to the store today and will email this afternoon.

Dianne

Can you post the cutting pattern you used or some instructions on that holster that is what i am looking for i need some cined of pattern or instructin as i have never mad a holst befor i am still new at leather crafts. i am just getting back in to it now and hope to open a buisness in the near futer i have been doing leathercrafts on and off for about 4 years now and i am still learning. check out my post my stuff on the critique post and let me know what you think

holster.jpg

post-9903-126322449904_thumb.jpg

I think the book SunshineNative is referring to is "How To Make Holsters" by Al Stohlman.

Basically, it tells you to take a piece of card stock or heavy paper, fold it in half, then lay the gun down (after the obvious safety check...) on its sights centered on the fold in the paper. Then lay it down on its side without moving the gun's location on the paper. Trace the outline of the gun, then remove the gun. I think he suggests at least 3/4" clear around the trigger guard and also at the barrel. Once you get the pattern drawn for the first half, cut around the pattern line for the first half, then fold it on the fold line you previously made, and trace the cut line to the other half of the pattern, add any belt loop folds if you are using that method, then cut the rest of the pattern.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Books-Patterns/stohlman-leather-craft-books/6055-00.aspx?feature=Product_8

long shot but do you hve a pattern for a ruger p89/85 iwb? ive made a few of my own but am not happy with how they have come out. snap or clip is fine, thanks for any insight

Please dont ask for patterns as i dont do them anymore, thanks Don