cjbleather

geometric design using Wayne Jueschke's tools

A month or two ago, I saw a post, I believe by Bruce (But I could be wrong) that showed a geometric design using Wayne Jueschke's tools. I was greatly enamored by this and decided that I would ask Sante (known as my wife or mother around here). Lo and behold, he (she) came through. I am goingf to try to attach a scam in this to show these tools. After seeing and using them, I am really impressed with Wayne's ability to put together real intricate shapes. I would put Wayne's tools along side of Barry's and Bob Beard. Carlb

PS I don't know if this is successful. If not, maybe Johanna could guide me through attaching something to t attach to a post. I tried to Brose (From My documents) and then opened it, and finally hit Upload. But, I see nothiinngg.

CJB, here is a how to on posting pix... this is just one way to post, but the most common way to post pix here:

http://www.leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3305

Carl,

I posted a geometric pattern my wife did with a McMillen meander stamp. Someone else did post a picture of some work with one of Wayne's block stamps. I have about 4 or 5 of Wayne's block stamps, a braid stamp, and a propeller (3 point snowflake) from him. You used the right adjective - "intricate". Big Wayne does some great stamps and is good to deal with. I'll be calling him after the first of the year (new tax year) for some more stamps. Got my eye on a few.

I recently saw a pattern that used one of his stamps and would love to see some more of his work but can not find a way to get in touch with him. Can you help?

Here is a listing of several makers including Wayne (down towards the bottom). I haev had this for a while not sure how accurate the numbers are.

http://saddlemakers.org/id130.htm

The phone number is correct. I bought some stamps from him this spring and that was the number on the latest catalog I got then. I'm a big fan of his stamps. Here's the back of a notebook I did with a couple of his box stamps. The stamps are small, about a 1/4 of an inch square.

post-15714-0-33131100-1407957047_thumb.j

Pretty awesome cover there Bob, wow

Man , if I could stamp that evenly I'd be a happy man . Good eyes ya got there Bob !

Beautiful job, Bob. I love that stamp.

Thanks all. They eyes are definitely not what they used to be. I wear reading glasses now while stamping stuff like this to make sure I can see exactly how well things line up. It also helps to use a straight edge to check alignment from time to time.