Johanna

How to Post Pics Here

I figured out how to post, but is there a way to make them smaller? The ones I put up on antiquing were way to big when you pull them up, so I've been reluctant to post anything else.

Thanks, Tim

I do not know that much about computers, but the pictures that are sent on this forum that are for example, 2000x1000 are way to large I can only see a portion of the photo on the screen, Those photos that are for example 640x 500 work out great . Can someone with the computer knowledge explain how you reduce the size to our readers. Thanks,

Steve

MS Powertoys Image Resizer adds a right click option to your image files that allows you to reduce one or many pics in a couple of clicks.

Irfanview is a free full graphics editor that lets you resize, crop, add text and lots more.

Pics work best in the forum at 600X800 (or less) resolution (how big the pic appears on the screen) and between 100-300K (actual file size). Huge pics might be necessary to show extreme detail, but they can be a hardship to the viewers with slow or pay-by-the-minute connections, so try to use discretion when posting.

Johanna

Awesome, Johanna! Just downloaded the program, gonna give it a try.

Thanks, Tim

Roses3.jpg

post-4924-1203905817_thumb.jpg

Did something wrong. Got it this time, I think.

Roses3__Medium___Small_.jpg

post-4924-1203906128_thumb.jpg

I tried to post a presentation in the member gallery, including a number of pictures linked (not uploaded) from my OneDrive directory.

Got a message that there are "more pictures than I'm allowed to", but I can't find any limit mentioned anywhere.

What's the limit?

Is it per post, per message or grand total?

Edited by Olle P