Drac

2nd and 3rd masks

don't think these came too badly. just need to put the cord on 'em for wearing. the dye job on the first came out almost the way I wanted it, but not quite. went for a different look with the dye job on the second one.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

post-5673-1203889794_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1203889801_thumb.jpg

Those are slick! Nice job. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

KK

Hey Drac!

Mighty "snazzy" masks you've made there, like 'em alot!

The first one has exactly the kind of red colour I want for that bootstrap we've talked about.

Tried some antique blended with Fiebings red but all that happened what that is was alot easier to get on evenly wich is not a bad thing of course. Want that "black haze" in the red that you seem to manage allright with.

What'cha do to get get it that way?

Excellent work (buttering you up here;-)!

Tom

Edit: Just noticed that the second one from top have some more work done above the eyes and I think that looks just alot better than on the above mask.

Edited by TomSwede

go drac!!! cool masks, love the colour

Wicked looking!

ArtS

Drac you are kincking ass on these now. Did you model for these or did you contract Derryn for this? Is he moonlighting?

Edited by Spider

spider you have me rolling on the ground.......

spider you have me rolling on the ground.......

Oh really?.....Why hello Roo....LOL. Turn around Darryn... :innocent:

Drac,

Very cool!!

Chris

thanks for al the compliments everybody. greatly apreciated! let's me know I'm doing well on new expansion endeavors. after 13 years of making the same type of stuff, it's about time I expanded, right? *L*

spider

darryn had nuffin ta do with these. he was starting to get a "big head" after modeling roo's work and was trying to charge to much. supermodel me arse! LOL

tom

to get the color I did something I rarely do... experimented! I did a mixture that started off as a 3 to 1 mix of tandy pro dye red #22055-11 with fiebing's black professional oil dye and stirred it a little. didn't like it so I added more of the red to make the mixture about 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 (I just poured in more red). used a cotton ball ended applicator and put the mixture on in a circular motion. think I did 2 or three coats one right after the other. as soon as one coat was soaked in on went the next with no real drying time between them. I think I put a final coat of just the red over the top. then into hot water for a minute or two. did the same thing with the second mask but did more coats with the mix. have another mask I just did with the same mix, but it'd been left out over night in the open. kinda like the color on it too though. pics of it soon.

Thanks for your time and explanation Drac.

Just got a little restless waiting for my buddy to go shopping tubes (yes they are home now) so i started tooling with this and just mixed Fiebings pro oil dye red mixed with Tandys saddle tan. Great stuff, got a gooey, gloppy mixture (like gumtrag in consistency) wich can produce similar results. Alot of black thick cream that leaves a nice red surface when swabbed with a damp cloth. I took most of the black of from the lettering here but this isn't the shoestrap I've talked about. Started this from an old carved, nontooled piece from the scrapbin. Will be a small bag to go with the rod tube to carry the fishing roll in.

Working with this gel-like formula was nice 'cuz I had lots of time to apply a thick layer and then toodle around with the cloth here and there. It dries slowly compared to spirit dyes.

Maybe we should copy this to another how to do it thread.

How to make "Dracs bloodred with black haze"!

Anyway, posting two pics here so you can see the result. I don't have th colour combination you used at home so I'll stick with this for bootstrap.

Happy now and gonna go webshopping for some high end scotch. Hosting next event.

Cheers (sla'inte in gaelic)

Tom

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

post-5146-1203969724_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1203969746_thumb.jpg