So, I finally got the last thing done on this purse...

This has become a small favourite with me, I really like the model and will for sure make more in the future.

The background is dyed with Angelus 'Blue Jean' blue dye and the snakes with a mix of 'english tan' and 'medium brown. I painted all the scrolls with Angelus acrylic leather paint in 'bronze', 'gold' and 'pewter'. I have use some of my last (buhuu) old Tandy medium brown antiquing, I really try to strech this one as much as I can.

This purse is 7,5'x7,5' in closed meassurment, almost 4' deep and have 2 inner pockets with zippers. It's also lined with bright beige suede.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the stiching on the inside of the bottom...I did make a small surprice there (tzzz...rattle, rattle *s*) I need to learn how to make the "back side" stiching even, anyone having some great tips'n'tricks?

Excellent Job! That is one Wicked Purse! Again, I bow before down before you..... :evillaugh:

That is a great design and the tooling is amazing!

Tina,

WOW! When you stated: Leatherwork Specialty: Being "arty" and do things a bit different:-)

You weren't kidding. Nice job, you have a new fan of your work!

Casey

Excellent Job! That is one Wicked Purse! Again, I bow before down before you..... :evillaugh:
*LOL* Thanks again for your sooo kind word about my work. This one had me working way hard but it was worth it to me, I have one going with the jeans now:-)
That is a great design and the tooling is amazing!
Thanks Raven, I try my best making it good:-)
Tina,WOW! When you stated: Leatherwork Specialty: Being "arty" and do things a bit different:-)You weren't kidding. Nice job, you have a new fan of your work!Casey
Great Thanks Casey...sooo, you read my statement:-) I try making stuff that appeals to myself, hopefully some others will think it's OK too:-)

Hi Tina,

I'm impressed (again). That purse is definately going to attract some attention. I sure like it when you are busy cuz it's always fun to see what's going on in your head.

Hi Tina,

I'm impressed (again). That purse is definately going to attract some attention. I sure like it when you are busy cuz it's always fun to see what's going on in your head.

Thank you friend:-)

Hubby says that only weird things is going on in my head...I wonder why? *LOL*

Tina,

That is some Awesome work!

The rattlesnake on the bottom may suprise a few unsuspecting lookers, if you give them the chance to pick it up and look at it.

Johnny

Very nice Tina, I just turned to stone looking at it! LOL

Tina,That is some Awesome work!The rattlesnake on the bottom may suprise a few unsuspecting lookers, if you give them the chance to pick it up and look at it.Johnny
Thanks JohnnyI might let them have a look, if the heart is strong:-)
Very nice Tina, I just turned to stone looking at it! LOL
Sooo happy you like it:-)

That is the most amazing purse I have seen!!!! Fabulous!

Beautiful, Tina! :spoton:

I liked the surprise on the bottom. Great addition! Also like the two tone on the straps and the bottom. I am also puzzled as to why my saddle stitch doesn't look the same front and back. Same holes, same direction with the threads, same tension... Why does the front look different from the back? No one will notice after seeing Mr. Rattler on the bottom! :)

Crystal

That's really nice. Did you make your own pattern? I'd like to try to make one for my wife.

That is the most amazing purse I have seen!!!! Fabulous!

Thank You...I sooo appreciate you're nice comments:-)

Beautiful, Tina! :spoton: I liked the surprise on the bottom. Great addition! Also like the two tone on the straps and the bottom. I am also puzzled as to why my saddle stitch doesn't look the same front and back. Same holes, same direction with the threads, same tension... Why does the front look different from the back? No one will notice after seeing Mr. Rattler on the bottom! :) Crystal

Thanks Crystal:-)

You seams to know what I wonder about...I'm soo glad I do have the snake at the bottom cuz I don't like the stiches at all. I have to get the hang of making it nice there too *grrr* I'm sending of myself to the stiching shool:-)

That's really nice. Did you make your own pattern? I'd like to try to make one for my wife.

Thanks Rusy:-)

yeah, this is one of my very own patterns. I always promise the buyer that they will be absolute alone with the purse so, made item patterns I don't share...I do however try to make a new unique carving pattern a month (or soo) for free use in the pattern area of the forum, there should be a few there and more to come:-)

Edited by Tina

Great work!

:You_Rock_Emoticon: AWESOME!!

So, I finally got the last thing done on this purse...

This has become a small favourite with me, I really like the model and will for sure make more in the future.

The background is dyed with Angelus 'Blue Jean' blue dye and the snakes with a mix of 'english tan' and 'medium brown. I painted all the scrolls with Angelus acrylic leather paint in 'bronze', 'gold' and 'pewter'. I have use some of my last (buhuu) old Tandy medium brown antiquing, I really try to strech this one as much as I can.

This purse is 7,5'x7,5' in closed meassurment, almost 4' deep and have 2 inner pockets with zippers. It's also lined with bright beige suede.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the stiching on the inside of the bottom...I did make a small surprice there (tzzz...rattle, rattle *s*) I need to learn how to make the "back side" stiching even, anyone having some great tips'n'tricks?

You are so amazing, I just love all of your work!!!

Thanks Massive guys'n'girls:-)

Great work Tina....i have to ask how much time do you have in something like this?

I did not meassure the time but a fair guess would be +35 hours and including the process of pattern making at least +50 if not more (?). Generally speaking...The time it takes for me to come up with an idea and then convert the idea to a finished pattern on the paper is usually 40-50% of the products time (I make changes all the time), this one was so much hand stitching that that was the most time consuming part of all. I need to get the stuff down on paper quicker:-)

Edited by Tina

tina that is just ssssssssso cool!! you have a wonderful imagination...keep it up please.

ken

tina that is just ssssssssso cool!! you have a wonderful imagination...keep it up please.

ken

Thanks Ken and I'll do my very best:-)