wildrose

Pictures of your "Pay it Forwards"

Great design on that!

I'm alittle late on posting my PIF from rdb, but that job thing kept getting in the way. I received an excellent tooled pad with three perfect techniques for me to try. He has some great staining styles. It is bordered with arrowhead stamping that he has displayed on his excellent belt tutorial (which I am going to try). He says the leaf carving is free handed. Makes me realize I have work to do. I am using it as my mousepad for eternal inspiration. Thanks rdb for a really nice piece of work. Hope this pix thing works.

DSCF0110.JPG

post-8031-1235921049_thumb.jpg

I am real glad you liked it. Thanks for the nice words.

In real life the dye job did come out cool, I thought. There are aspects you can't see in the photo.

My freehand "drawing" is cartoonish, but i just wanted to play with my new sheridan tools on the flower..tools before thought...lol

A box of treasures arrived on my doorstep, all the way from carr52 in sunny South Carolina, and I just have to show you guys what was inside. This lot must have taken literally hours of work...

Tom, what can I say. A beautiful natural coloured plaited belt, very nicely finished off - no less than two very elegantly carved wallets and a very clever zipper purse complete with a real gold paint job! A wristband, three deer horns to make into a creaser, a slicker and a folder and some superb knotted buttons along with a really neat holder for my fishing pliers and a tiny pair of leather cuff links! You rock, fellah and I can't thank you enough! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Would you believe that this guy asked me for a critique - impossible, it is all excellent!

Thank you Ray. I guess the box was bigger than I thought so I just kept putting things in it. I am glad you like it.

Tom

Thank you Ray. I guess the box was bigger than I thought so I just kept putting things in it. I am glad you like it.

Tom

I'm delighted, Tom - in fact I was showing a guy your work this afternoon and he was most envious. I have already started work on those horns...

Found a temporary camera so I can post pics of the goodies that tatr sent me.

A sherdian tooled notepad cover, a sheridan tooled coffee cup wrap (I am a coffee-holic) and a leather feather (which was immediately put on the mantle with our collection of real feathers). I do not do sheridan style tooling so these items are now very special to me.

Love, Love, Love

PIF_Notepad_Cover.jpg PIF_Feather.jpg PIF_Coffee_Cup_Wrap.jpg

WOW! Is all I can say--and that goes to ALL the work sent out. Funny thing is I was just searching for a leather feather how to. I haven't introduced myself but I am rhallskid--literally his daughter in NC. I don't do leather, but came on to help Dad get those pictures on here, and am now totally addicted. Luckily I got the Hall artistic abilities (which stretch the gammut) !! So I have to try everything!! I can't play and instrument, not the best singer...so scratch those! ha ha Now THIS feather I need to understand how to do it--may never ever do one but am in awe. :)

I can't wait to see who gets what next!! And now have to figure out how to get my paws on some leather....and..... oh DAD!!....

I'm sorry this took so long but I had technical difficulties. Here is a really cool shirt pocket wallet that Hennessy sent me. It is made from brown full quill ostrich, and ostrich leg leather, and has a loop on the inside to hold business cards, a spring clip for money, and a compartment for change or a key that is sealed with velcro. Very nice design. My pictures don't do it justice. Thank you Hennessy!!

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

post-8155-1236175720_thumb.jpg

post-8155-1236175754_thumb.jpg

post-8155-1236175774_thumb.jpg

I'm not really sure what to say. Kate chose a theme that fits my State, South Carolina. The "Carolina Wren" which is our state bird and our State flower "The Yellow Jasmine". It seemed like a sin to take a picture of it with my cheap camera it is so beautiful. The pictures don't even come close to the true beauty of it. I'm at a loss for words. All I can say is thank you Kate. I will always look at it and think that someday I might reach that skill level. It is a work of art.

Tom

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

post-6291-1239311829_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1239311872_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1239311997_thumb.jpg

I'm not really sure what to say. Kate chose a theme that fits my State, South Carolina. The "Carolina Wren" which is our state bird and our State flower "The Yellow Jasmine". It seemed like a sin to take a picture of it with my cheap camera it is so beautiful. The pictures don't even come close to the true beauty of it. I'm at a loss for words. All I can say is thank you Kate. I will always look at it and think that someday I might reach that skill level. It is a work of art.

Tom

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

WOW! :notworthy: Excellent Job Kate - you are a lucky duck Tom!

TOM YOU ARE VERY FORTUNATE , to have a fine Leathercrafter like Deb59 to give you such a fine gift.........

:notworthy::thumbsup::specool::guitar: .... that you will use for years & years to come.........

TOM YOU ARE VERY FORTUNATE , to have a fine Leathercrafter like Deb59 to give you such a fine gift.........

:notworthy::thumbsup::specool::guitar: .... that you will use for years & years to come.........

The gift was from Citizen Kate to Tom.....I (Deb59) am just an admirer...but as Luke said you will enjoy it for years to come!! Thanks Deb

Tom

My pleasure, Tom. Thanks so much for your patience in waiting for it, since I shipped it quite a bit late! I like the location you chose for it.

As for reaching "that skill level", based on recent work you have posted, I would say you are getting there in good time. It won't be long before others will be saying the same thing to you.

Kate

The gift was from Citizen Kate to Tom.....I (Deb59) am just an admirer...but as Luke said you will enjoy it for years to come!! Thanks Deb

SORRY ABOUT THAT.........DEB59 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CORRECTING

Citizen Kate you are truly a leather artist............ : : :o:thumbsup:

Wow! Brilliant design work, Kate! And then to make it a functioning piece of art as well. I can't even trace designs well let alone pull off somethign like that. And it's carved oh so well!

It's a keeper for sure Tom!

Brent

Tom

Edited by howardb

I agree Brent. I have very few things I like well enough to hang on my wall and this is one of them. I will cherish it always. Thanks again Kate.

Tom

Good job Kate, that clock is very nice.

Im kind of surprised to see how good all of the PIF gifts are. Everyone put there skills to the level for this, good job to everyone you participated.