ValinorKings

The humble beginnings of my first seat.

I know the holes are a bit wonky but be gentle, haha. I've never had to punch so many holes one at a time!

Seat.JPG

Freshly carved

Seat2.JPG

After some neatsfoot oil

seat3.jpg

Stained, antiqued, and saddle lac'd

I should have some final product pics up by tomorrow! Thanks y'all and I welcome any tips or critiques, as always.

-The Wolf

post-7376-1233176346_thumb.jpg

post-7376-1233176412_thumb.jpg

post-7376-1233176452_thumb.jpg

Wonky holes or not, that looks pretty :censored2: good! Can't wait to see it finished.

I know the holes are a bit wonky but be gentle, haha. I've never had to punch so many holes one at a time!

I should have some final product pics up by tomorrow! Thanks y'all and I welcome any tips or critiques, as always.

-The Wolf

If my first seat (when I get to that point) looks half that good, I'll be a happy camper - nice :0)

Totally Rad Seat Dude!

:thumbsup:

Love the makers stamp!

Totally Rad Seat Dude!

Love the makers stamp!

Ha! completely missed that till I went back and looked - cool :0)

Totally Rad Seat Dude!

Love the makers stamp!

Thanks y'all! Yeah I'm really happy with that stamp. Got it from Jeff @ GreyGhostGraphics.com He's a super nice dude and it was only $65 using MY custom artwork!

Wow, great job! Hope my first seat turns out that good!

That looks outstanding! One small suggestion... If you plan to lace the seat together, you may want to give yourself a little more leather between the holes and the edges so you don't pull the lace through the leather or distort the edge when you tug on the lace. Even if you're careful lacing, those thin spots are the first place a blowout occurs after a few hundred miles of riding around the state showing it off... Other than that, that's a dayum fine job!

ValinorKings, I think it's beautiful!

Very nice 1st seat ! Great job can't wait to see the finish !

That looks outstanding! One small suggestion... If you plan to lace the seat together, you may want to give yourself a little more leather between the holes and the edges so you don't pull the lace through the leather or distort the edge when you tug on the lace. Even if you're careful lacing, those thin spots are the first place a blowout occurs after a few hundred miles of riding around the state showing it off... Other than that, that's a dayum fine job!

Thanks Troy! Yeah there are a few things that got realized "in retrospect" but that's the fun of learning. Luckily this is just a demo seat so no one will actually be riding this... At least not that I know of! I also happened to use like 7 oz leather which I found was a bit thicker than necessary so it would be pretty strong... Maybe, haha. Thanks again man!