This piece is far from being perfect, but if you bear in mind that this was my very first sewing-work ever, I guess it is acceptable.

I like this kind of collars better than the ones with buckles. There's also a bit botching with the dye on the inside, but it's the inside, right?! ;)

The pattern was drawn freehand and then tooled. The runes mean Isa, which is the name of my Saarloos-bitch who now owns this work...

collarisa.jpg

20090126_0116.jpg

20090126_0152.jpg

post-8560-1234014458_thumb.jpg

post-8560-1234014468_thumb.jpg

post-8560-1234014480_thumb.jpg

Have you been thrown off for functional or for optic reasons? Just curious...

It looks great, Freki, along with all the other pieces you have posted photos of. I think the ??? that JustWakinUp is posing is, how do you get the collar on or off if there is no way of opening it.

My guess is, these collars work like chain collars. They are just loose enough to fit over the dog's head to get it on and off. The neutral fit is somewhat loose. A leash can be attached to the outer ring, and when the dog pulls the leash too tight, it sends him/her a signal to ease off.

Very pretty/handsome dogs, by the way.

Kate

You actually described it how it works exactly, CitizenKate. But I have to add that there's no such an "educational" effect included like in the case of chain collars.

So the collar stops closing at a point before getting to tight, but tight enough to hold on the dogs neck, not able to slip over the head.

This type of collar enables you to very fast put it on and off...

Thanks for the compliment to my dogs - I will pass it on to them ;)

You actually described it how it works exactly, CitizenKate. But I have to add that there's no such an "educational" effect included like in the case of chain collars.

So the collar stops closing at a point before getting to tight, but tight enough to hold on the dogs neck, not able to slip over the head.

This type of collar enables you to very fast put it on and off...

Thanks for the compliment to my dogs - I will pass it on to them ;)

It looks like it's padded, correct? What are the padding and lining made from?

Beautiful work and dogs!