1bootscootin

Time to say Hello

I have been in stealth mode long enough. This forum is just what the doctor ordered. I am really impressed with the talent I have seen here.

My name is Jim. I live in the Great State of Texas on the Gulf Coast. My careers include being a past small buissness owner, farrier, aviation mechanic, and presently work in the oil, gas and chemical inspection industry. Leather has been an ongoing interest for years. Only in the past year or so I have been pursuing the passion. I really like the holsters, belts, and sadlles I seen here and have found alot of inspiration from the members of this forum. Alot to learn, but alot of fun. (Carving right now is my nemisis). Thank you Leatherworks for this opportunity.

Hello, Jim! Welcome to the coolest site on the internet! Can't wait to see some of your work.

Hilly

Welcome to the Leatherworker.net forum, Jim. There's lots of great talent here, and just about everyone is willing to help out with suggestions and answers to your questions.

We look forward to seeing your work.

I find that carving is the nemesis of a lot of beginners. However, that said, I find stamping (i.e. 3D and letters and such) can actually be harder. Stamps can wiggle all over the place! (I teach alot of youth classes)

I was fortunate because I didn't really have a choice: when I learned leatherwork at Camp Cherith in the Pocono Mtns of PA, our teacher started straight off with the knife, and she was REALLY nitpicky!

Welcome Jim.

As for your current nemisis, practice, practice and practice.

If you have questions, ask and you may get more than one answer.

Johnny

Thanks everyone. I have made my mind up to spend more time right now on carving. Everything I've done up to this point has been stamping.

Jim rhall here ,I want to thank You for those great cell phone holsters. my Grand Daughters are so proud of them,only one problem though,My daughter's favorite color is pink ,so she is drooling over the one Amber got!LOL That was a fine PIF Gift and there is nothing like them in NC! I took photo's of them but do to my computer ignorance could not seem to get them on the foram.I am so pathetic on this thing!I hope we can keep in touch andit's great to here from you.The girls said they can sell some if you would like them to handle your North Carolina Franchise!!

Welcome to the site. It sounds as if you are a jack of all trades. Look forward to seeing your postings.

Kiwi :coffeecomp:

Welcome to the Board, Jim!

I missed the pix of your cellphone case..I'll have to hunt and peck for them later. I just finished up your PIF, I'll be mailing it out tomorrow. Better late than never!

Considering these modern times, it should be very useful...that's all the hint you get...lol

Jim rhall here ,I want to thank You for those great cell phone holsters. my Grand Daughters are so proud of them,only one problem though,My daughter's favorite color is pink ,so she is drooling over the one Amber got!LOL That was a fine PIF Gift and there is nothing like them in NC! I took photo's of them but do to my computer ignorance could not seem to get them on the foram.I am so pathetic on this thing!I hope we can keep in touch andit's great to here from you.The girls said they can sell some if you would like them to handle your North Carolina Franchise!!

Here Robert,

I will try to help with the pix. Hope this works. Tell your girls thanks, and if they want I will see how I can help them. I have spent alot of time helping FFA and Youth Rodeo groups and really enjoy seeing young folks grow into entrapenuaral individuals.

Edited by 1bootscootin

Sorry all,

I guess I have the problem of figuring out this upload of pix thing.

Welcome to the Board, Jim!

I missed the pix of your cellphone case..I'll have to hunt and peck for them later. I just finished up your PIF, I'll be mailing it out tomorrow. Better late than never!

Considering these modern times, it should be very useful...that's all the hint you get...lol

Do not worry about the time. Quality takes time and patience brings quality. I wish I could figure out how to download pix. But alas, I will avail.