Well it was going to be a one piece when it started but I decided to add a pocket to the front. I'm glad I did. I like the pocket. I still need to make a shoulder strap.

Tom

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

post-6291-1235738866_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1235739157_thumb.jpg

That looks great. I see stitching on the front pocket, but is the main compartment held together by just the leather lacing? If so, that's an In-Jean-Yes design!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

That looks superb, Tom!

I do like the way the straps lace through the flap.

Ray

Yep, it's all held together by the latigo lace on the sides. The only stitching is on the front pocket. I wanted the bag to be a one piece design and it was till I added the pocket.

tom

i really like this bag... just my style

Cool job Tom. I like that design.

Art

I really like it alot Tom,

good work on this one :clapping:

Thanks you for the compliments guys. I thought I'd finally do the one project that I've been wanting to do for a year. A year ago I wanted to make myself a bag to carry when I went out with my metal detector. Well a year later I almost have it done. Thanks for all your help in my new hobby. I've learned more here at leatherworker then I could ever say thanks for.

Tom

I liked the design so much I decided to make a laptop bag for my new macbook. Plus I cut the slots for the small straps on the macbook bag and after seeing how they looked in the picture I did the same on the Indy bag.

Tom

IMG_0006.JPG

post-6291-1236050553_thumb.jpg

I LOVE THAT.

Can I steal the idea to make a purse for myself? Can I, huh? Please, mister, pleeeeeeeease? :wub:

(If you say yes, I'll shut up. See? I even make it worth your while. ;) )

Great job! Yet another idea to add to my super-long list of things to make. And to think... all this time I've been carrying my laptop around in a tacky old backpack... :-)

Bob

Great looking bag Tom!!

I agree with Ray about the straps lacing through. Looks very good indeed!

Tom

My scanner is on the out at the moment But I'll try and figure out a way to post some kind of diagram. I'm not real swift with computers but I'll do my best. Thank you for the compliments everyone.

Tom

Just got back from the computer store with my new printer/copier/scanner thing. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it work. When I get it all hooked up I'll try and do a layout of the bag. and post it.

Tom

I liked the design so much I decided to make a laptop bag for my new macbook. Plus I cut the slots for the small straps on the macbook bag and after seeing how they looked in the picture I did the same on the Indy bag.

Tom

IMG_0006.JPG

I just noticed the holes for the straps on the small pocket could be a little bit lower.

Tom

Give that bag back to Jones he needs it LOL

Very nice work I like it.

Josh

I really like the design you came up with, Tom. Excellent!

Crystal

Hey Tom...I've been sitting here sipping on beer waiting for the pattern...getting pretty wasted!!

I cant figure out how to get a 28 inch pattern into my scanner but I'm working on it.

Tom

I cant figure out how to get a 28 inch pattern into my scanner but I'm working on it.

Tom

Scale drawing, my friend. If you don't want to do it, I can.

Well I think I have something that might be usable. Let me know if this will work. The pocket and hole templates are actual size. Oh yeah, I stitched the pocket straps on when I did the flap.

Tom

bag_layout_pattern.pdf

hole_template.pdf

pocket_template.pdf

bag_layout_pattern.pdf

hole_template.pdf

pocket_template.pdf

I should have put this in the pattern thread but, oh well.

Tom

Not to be rude, but this thread is over two years old. Please start a new topic, or use the search function to locate suggestions for leather used in bags.