CitizenKate

What are your favorite YouTube videos?

:bike:

Hmmm...the pics aren't set to show for guests on purpose, but I can't remember if it affected smileys or not on the old board. If it didn't, it's probably a setting I am overlooking somewhere. Thanks for the heads up, BM, I will check into it.

:spoton:

Johanna

Hmmm...the pics aren't set to show for guests on purpose, but I can't remember if it affected smileys or not on the old board. If it didn't, it's probably a setting I am overlooking somewhere. Thanks for the heads up, BM, I will check into it.

:spoton:

Johanna

Johanna, the smileys were definitely visible to non-members before your recent server fiasco.

It's one thing to force login/registration to view pics, but I wouldn't think you'd want the broken smiley links visible

to the general public. Not familiar with this Mocha/IP.board software you're using but surely there's a setting. If not,

good luck scouring the code to fix the pointers! :P :killcomp:

BM

Back on topic...

Since I left off on a beer themed post last night, I thought I'd post one of my favorite 'real' beer adverts.

Budweiser dominates the US market for killer/classic commercials, but in Europe, Guinness is the tour de force.

Here's to you Ahab!

For those unfamiliar with Guinness, you have to wait for the head to settle before a pint can be topped-off and served,

thus the marketing campaign emphasizing "waiting". Bloody brilliant, but decisively European.

GO COLTS ! !

BM

Fixed. You were right, just a setting.

Johanna

This used to be on youtube. From Leno show a few years ago

Arkadelphia Chicken

I think it is Cletus take the Reel. Cute video. I was waiting to see the 10lb bass come out of the water, and here they struggle to get that little 3/4 pounder in the boat.

Art

Hey Y'all,

Well, I guess I still gotta a bit of redneck left in us cause we thought this was funny. I'm assuming most everyone has heard the song "Jesus, take the Wheel".

"Cletus Take the Wheel" :thumbsup:

Enjoy! TJ

This used to be on youtube. From Leno show a few years ago

Arkadelphia Chicken

Oh my Lord, that is hysterical! I liked the Cletus one too!

I think it is Cletus take the Reel. Cute video. I was waiting to see the 10lb bass come out of the water, and here they struggle to get that little 3/4 pounder in the boat.

Art

LOL...yeah, it is "reel"...still had my mind on the original. Glad you liked it :)

TJ

Wasn't our own Bruce Johnson in a Youtube segment advertising the Oakdale Cowboy Museum.

Barra

YES! But that was "pre-crash" so I don't know if it's ever coming back...unless Bruce bookmarked it :evillaugh:

Mike

Art

YES! But that was "pre-crash" so I don't know if it's ever coming back...unless Bruce bookmarked it :evillaugh:

Mike

Thanks Art

I couldn't watch it before with dailup but now I'm high speed baby!! I'll watch it when I get home in the morning.

Mike

Mike

YOU ASKED FOR IT. YOU GOT IT!!!!

The link is www.youtube.com/oakdalekev. In fact just got an email from my pal Kev this evening. He just uploaded the edited proceedings from our annual fundraising dinner and auction. The cowboy's Antiques Roadshow is "The Cowboy Capitol of the World" episode 2, some cool old stuff, and shots inside the museum. The dinner is "the Cowboy Capital of the World" episode 4, and is broken up into 5 sections. I have major speaking parts in parts 2,3,4, and 5. Wilford Brimley (Quaker Oats and Liberty Medical spokesman) was our guest of honor. Worth a listen if nothing else to hear some pretty sage advice from an old guy. The camera makes both Wilford and I look pretty good for our respective ages. The camera really does lie. Yep, I'm wearing a pink shirt and one of my Joelle Smith ties, TETWP.

By the way, our website is www.oakdalecowboymuseum.org. Worth checking out, we have our 27th annual "local delicacy" feed coming up next month. If you can't make it, there is souvenir apparel available.

JESUS, MARY and HOLY ST. JOSEPH. :o

JESUS, MARY and HOLY ST. JOSEPH. :o

Andrew,

I am guessing you looked at the website and noticed the main course at our upcoming "festival". We will be serving approximately 500 folks as usual.

Bruce,

Just curious how you deal with the "food safety" police. I have problems seeing inspectors hanging around the branding fires. And where do you get the number to feed 500 people?

(For me now, if it doesn't look like muscle under the microscope, I can't eat it. So I will take a pass on this meal.)

Denise,

Not the typical branding fire or grange hall experience anymore. For the uninitiated, we are serving up what separates the bulls from steers - calf fries, mountain oysters, cowboy caviar, prairie pecans. These all come from a USDA inspected processing plant (really) and arrive frozen. The day before we have a get-together and skin/slice them into cubes while still semi-frozen. They are marinated overnight in red wine, basil, and garlic. Next morning they are batch fried in a commercial kitchen, and put into pans. Then a light splash and sprinkle of seasoning again. Night of the event they are slowly steamed to heat them up again. They are OK, a little better in the morning right out of the fryer I think. The main fare is served with buffalo chili, salad, tortillas, Jerold Camarillo's famous salsa, and bread. Unlimited open bar, which may be the real draw. All this for $50 USD presale or $65 at the door. Typical fundraiser stuff too - live auction, raffle, and buy a grid square on a posterboard. You win if a live duck craps on your square first. Easier to manage than a cow doing the cow crap bingo deal at the Portugese FES hall. Ducks being what they are, it doesn't take long to get a winner. All in all a real fun and unique community event. Leno mentions us, regional TV coverage, the talk of early morning radio nationwide. We sell the souvenir merchandise steadily through the museum website year round. I have done TV spots in the past. We can't mention the "Oakdale Testicle Festival" on the TV promotion spots (censor deal, like they don't say worse) and have to refer to it as an mountain oyster feed on the air. We refer viewers to the website to see what we are really calling it.

Bruce. Ummmmm yeah I went to oakdalecowboymuseum.org and went thru the links. There are so many puns and there ALL wrong on so many levels.

Make sure all these youtube segments are saved. I can not watch them from here. Last time I watched the miller saddlery video segments I nearly faced the firing squad for blowing some download quoto thru the roof.

Andrew

Bruce was that your son selling at the sale on there?

Elton,

No, my son sells the auctions at the Testicle festival and the Cowgirl Luncheon (cowboys serving a luncheon to the ladies) we put on rodeo week. We spread the auctioneering duties around. He was taking bids near the front of the room at the dinner. As an aside, I donated a floral briefcase for the live auction. Wilford Brimley bought it, donated it back to be resold, bought it again, and then had it resold once more. It ended up and brought in about $3000. We have some cool supporters and fun events.