I think I did it - I hope I did it

My first project - made with bits and pieces from Johanna's workshop and sewn together with several different ends of threads......the buttons are from my Grandmother's buttonbox and are leather as well.

and at one point it was safety pinned together -- hence the name....

I didn't make the belt - I bought it. From a man who sells them "by the inch" ($10 an inch .... wide ways - It is soooo much fun watching people who "don't know" look at a belt and see a "million dollars" fly out the door >evil grin< )

Oh and the last one is the reason that there is cat hair sewn into the seams in various spots. >grin<

try not to judge too harshly please - I know it is a bit lopsided and funny looking - but I finished it and it doesn't look TOO bad. (the next one will be better - right?)

frankenpurse_003.jpgfrankenpurse_005.jpg

frankenpurse_001.jpg

post-3139-1236130034_thumb.jpg

post-3139-1236130059_thumb.jpg

post-3139-1236130116_thumb.jpg

ITS ALIVE !!! ITS ALIVE !!! That Looks absolutely Great. Fantastic work you even made a leather cat as well.... I cant wait till Im good enough to do stuff like that.

It looks great. It's not lopsided - that's called 'style'

Art

lol - thanks Art

her name is Cyber and she was being in a "lovey" mood right then and was all soft and purry

Hey Suze,

You done good!!! I think it looks really nice. Hope you get started on another project really soon.

Well I just got back from my first outing with my new purse

apparently I have raw talent (really?)

and Drake noticed the extra fiber in the stiching (cat hair --- sigh -- and was picking at it)

(Johanna you were WRONG - she said that she would be the only one to notice)

and the dress pics got a lot of comments too. (See Johanna's Daughter for that one)

and the coolest of the day? Our SCA group got a big deal service award (a Purple Fretty, for you all that know about that stuff) for being "Kitchen Staff" I hope to keep it under wraps untill our meeting on Wed night to surprise the ones that wern't at the event.

The King was laughing at the 50 year old woman - squeeking like a 12 year old at this one......

I tired - I go bed now

This turned out nicely Suze. You should be proud of it. I love bags and this one is pretty slick.

This bag was supposed to be laced nice and pretty, but after 10 years, I have a full box of dry-rotted lace. What a waste! Goat, calf, kanga, the works. Some are full spools, some are odds and ends, lots of different colors and some I dyed myself. If anyone has a use for this box, send me a PM.

Susie- you did a great job, but I had no doubts. All he fabric talents you have acquired transferred sweetly into leather, and I hope to see you doing more in the future. You saw the pile of leather I have to play with! We will take a ride to the Tandy soon and get some odds and ends. I want to get to the Cincy one to assist with their new leather guild soon anyway.

You're welcome in the shop any time, you know that. (I like the way you put stuff away!) I don't need to be down there with you like when the kids are in there. Just remember I will hear from anywhere in the house if I hear a punch that is not on a poundo board or scrap leather and freak out, and we will be fine.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

love, your cuz,

Johanna

Very neat and clean looking purse!!!

Tom

Thank you all - I got some good comments on it at the event I went to this last weekend too.

and I just got a book on turnshoes in the mail from the SCA --- hmmm - maybe?

(It's the Compleat Anacronist for anybody that knows SCA stuff)

I still have to fix that silly rivet that popped out....