Suze

Johanna's Daughter

Ok here is my other lastest project - Johanna"s daughter Jane had to do a power point report about someone "famous"

We have been a bad influence on the kid -- she picked Queen Elizabeth the first.

and she had to dress up like her "someone famous" IN THREE DAYS ! ! ! !

Ever up for a challange Cousin Suze managed it.......

two bridesmaid dresses later - Dress one

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/sto...entryId=2000897

dress two

http://www.houseofbrides.com/product.php?p...at=0&page=1

the results ----

Jane_the_Queen_005.jpg

well that didn't work

will try again

nice carpet pic though

post-3139-1236205876_thumb.jpg

Jane_the_Queen_007.jpg

this one is a bit better

how'd I do guys and gals?

post-3139-1236208232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suze

Wow that's not leather, but it's very nice just the same.

Josh

So how does this royalty deal work? Does this make Johanna the Queen Mother?

I think so

Well she is the "mother of the forum" after all

I really did have fun working on it ---- although 2 am on Sat night was a "tad too late to be working on fabric"

I was going to use leftover pieces of the second dress for a frontpiece on the top......

untill I cut it in half --- several BAD words later (the cats even fled) I went to the basement (the repostory of all things cool - ask Johanna) and found the black and gold trim.....

somewhere around here they were talking about quality goods - I can tell you after tearing apart those two dresses that I would rather pay the money for something from the second place. The quality of contruction was excellent and the fabric much nicer. I can be somewhat of a fabric snob and this satin was YUMMY. Butter soft and HEAVY. Quality goods.

Looks great Suze! Some of us do our best under pressure. :-)

I could use a few shirts...

Looks great Suze! Some of us do our best under pressure. :-)

I could use a few shirts...

riiiiight - and which color prom dress do I get for this project?

grin

When I was a kid and visiting my grandma here in Ohio I loved to go next door to Susie's house. She had fancy gowns and sparkles and baubles and the imagination to make dress up so much fun. She was always the queen, though- I had to be a princess or peasant, depending on her mood. Janie inherited Susie's gift for accessorizing and shining, and Susie keeps her in treasures somehow. Janie was thrilled to wear a gown and crown, and she knows Susie is her ace in the hole for the glamour her mother lacks.

Suze- you outdid yourself this time, especially on such short notice. I admit i kinda panicked when I got the notice from the teacher, but you were so cool and confident. I wish I had your genius for creativity and invention. You are an artist in ways I never understood- and you made a little girl feel so proud and special I'm getting a little teary. Thank you for loving my Janie too.

Johanna

Wonderful job, Johanna. Very talented person. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Kiwi :coffeecomp:

When I was a kid and visiting my grandma here in Ohio I loved to go next door to Susie's house. She had fancy gowns and sparkles and baubles and the imagination to make dress up so much fun. She was always the queen, though- I had to be a princess or peasant, depending on her mood. Janie inherited Susie's gift for accessorizing and shining, and Susie keeps her in treasures somehow. Janie was thrilled to wear a gown and crown, and she knows Susie is her ace in the hole for the glamour her mother lacks.

Suze- you outdid yourself this time, especially on such short notice. I admit i kinda panicked when I got the notice from the teacher, but you were so cool and confident. I wish I had your genius for creativity and invention. You are an artist in ways I never understood- and you made a little girl feel so proud and special I'm getting a little teary. Thank you for loving my Janie too.

Johanna

I only made you be a peasant when you were being a "brat"

and I guess the "genius and creativity" is part of the "spiderweb" brain that I have - when you can look at something and see 15 other things in it......

besides like I said --- Barbie doll --- it's fun to dress a Barbie doll

Now I know why Mom had fun dressing US up......

I think that's Queen Mum!! :rolleyes2:

Johanna, Jane looks absolutely lovely in that dress. She must have been so excited!

Suze, thanks for putting in the huge amount of work it must have taken to make something like that. My mother could make anything just like you do. I didn't inherit the talent (or the desire) but I sure appreciate it when I see it.