DeuceTrinal

Custom rosewood burnishers

Have you figured out a way to screw one of these burnishers onto a 1/2" arbor on a bench buffer?

I can make a burnisher with a 1/2" shaft, and you can use a shaft coupler to attach it to the buffer. I've not had any feedback on attaching it this way, so I'm not sure how concentric (wobble-free) the tip is, but it's probably pretty good with a quality coupler, as I'm using machined drill rod for the shaft.

I've also had guys get a drill chuck that threads onto the motor shaft, which then lets them just chuck up the burnisher.

Check the speed on your motor before buying for this application, higher speeds (especially 3450 rpm motors) risk burning the leather, I've had most people report success with slower speeds.

Gotcha. I think I want one of the ones in the middle picture in your original post. I need it to burnish holsters. I like the look of that groove that is flat in the middle. Thanks.

Got my burnisher from Scott today, it is simply the prettiest thing I have in the shop. Incredible quality of workmanship.

Thanks Scott!

Kate

Got mine today, looks great! Can't wait to give it a whirl.

I used my burnisher for the first time today with saddle soap and was wondering what everyone else is using to get the best results.

Here's an article on edges....hope it helps.

Bobby

Finishing Edges

Thanks for your inspiration. I made my burnisher after looking at pictures of yours. First one was out of cocobola and the last one I made was ebony I haven't finished profiling it yet.

cocobola_slicker_01.jpg

cocobola_slicker_02.jpg

post-11332-1250005376_thumb.jpg

post-11332-1250005385_thumb.jpg

I am still making the burnishers, I am using cocobolo now which is abeautiful dense oily wood which works very well for burnishing. Standardburnishers come with 4 coves (7/16",11/32", 1/4", 5/32"), I can varythe widths to whatever you require. I can also make the larger coveswith flat bottoms for stacked and sanded edges with flat areas. I canadd additional coves for $4 each. Check out my "About Me" page on leatherworker.net for more info and to see photos (http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=7360)

Those are beautiful. I will be getting one as soon as I knock a few other things off my list. I love quality.

DeuceTrinal

I sent a pm to you. are you still making the burnishers? I would like to purchase one.