Artisan Dave

News From Artisan

Artisan customer service, I hope it's better than thier sales follow up. I emailed two days after the announcement of the price reduction to verify price and availability and never heard back for a week. I had to call Dave and got a long speel about why he had not contacted me. Long and short they supposedly ran out of stock and were air freighting in some more at the standard pricing. Not in my budget for a hobby business. Guess I will look elsewhere. I noticed he did follow up here and let us know how many were available either.

I emailed Artisan Monday of this week with a question on a used Artisan machine. No response, no reply, not even a "I'm busy right now, but will get back with you." This all adds up to being on a respirator and the machine is slowly turning itself off. The old saying is people quit their jobs 90 days before they are ever fired. Without customer service, or worse yet, ignoring new customers they are doomed to die a slow, painful, agonizing business death. I am very new to leather working. I am not so new to doing business. My money (as of right now anyway) is good anywhere I choose to spend it. Artisan people need to address some basic business practices (ethics and integrity) just to name a few. They may have the best machines on the face of the Earth. I'll tell you what, I have worked with and done very well using 2nd best most of my life.

:whatdoyouthink:

Add me to the list of people who have e-mailed and called with no response from them. The amount of money i have lost with them is in the thousands. I think a visit to the next show with a large club may be in the works.

I don't know what to think. I just got off the phone with David (Artisan) with a small problem & he took care of it in fine style. I have had my machine right at 4 weeks now & have some adjustment problems. I called Artisan twice last week & spoke with Jerry both times. Helped me out & seem to be a great guy.

Are you sure you have the right number?

I

I don't know what to think. I just got off the phone with David (Artisan) with a small problem & he took care of it in fine style. I have had my machine right at 4 weeks now & have some adjustment problems. I called Artisan twice last week & spoke with Jerry both times. Helped me out & seem to be a great guy.

Are you sure you have the right number?

I

yes but they always say the person i need to talk to is not there -leave you number and we will call back. i have had another agency working for me that also made same attempt but no call or e-mail back. glad they are helping you, and hope they answer your questions. i have just wrote it off, and life goes on

Artisan Dave was last logged on last Monday, and Jerry the Wednesday before, so they are here, why not PM them?

Art

yes but they always say the person i need to talk to is not there -leave you number and we will call back. i have had another agency working for me that also made same attempt but no call or e-mail back. glad they are helping you, and hope they answer your questions. i have just wrote it off, and life goes on

Artisan Dave was last logged on last Monday, and Jerry the Wednesday before, so they are here, why not PM them?

Art

will do so again

Dave finally got back with me and the reason he gave for the delay was totally understandable, what isnt is the fact that I tried to score one of these from day one after the post, and the people at artisan knew nothing about the offer, What id like to know is of all the people that bought up the existing stock, it seems like at least one is a member of this forum, would sure like to have one person say that this pricing was legitimate and not just talk, Id also like to know what they had to do to get it since like I said I tried almost daily from day one for a week and a half to no avail, quess its time to check out the Cobras

Dave finally got back with me and the reason he gave for the delay was totally understandable, what isnt is the fact that I tried to score one of these from day one after the post, and the people at artisan knew nothing about the offer, What id like to know is of all the people that bought up the existing stock, it seems like at least one is a member of this forum, would sure like to have one person say that this pricing was legitimate and not just talk, Id also like to know what they had to do to get it since like I said I tried almost daily from day one for a week and a half to no avail, quess its time to check out the Cobras

did dave have an answer when you talked to him?

I would like to know if anyone did get the $1650 price for the 3000 Toro. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here. If you didn't get it, and you tried, I would like to know that, too.

Thank you,

Johanna

In all fairness to Artisan, I have had above average customer service from them each time I called. I have to send my machine back for them to look at and they offered to pay freight. I just have to finish with my current project then I will send it. No fuss, no problem.

I hope that companies will always strive to improve their products and treat their current customers with the respect they deserve and so far I have gotten this from Artisan.

As far as the price reduction, that really would have helped me out had it been true. I hope that it was. That would disappoint me otherwise.

He responded by email, gnarls, just explained why the delay in getting in touch, didnt really confirm the offer, I work offshore and wont be back till the weekend, cant really get a call out so I emailed and asked if the deal was legitimate and explained that I couldnt call, asked to please confirm, but just like the first time, three days and waiting for response, not really excited as I was, in fact I'm over the whole Artisan thing, I ran out and sold a brand new Tig welder the day after seeing the post so Id have the funds, what a mistake. I guess when something sounds to good to be true it usually isnt true.

I talked to Jerry from Artisan on the phone and the $1650 was only at the Wickenburg show, I have some credit from another Artisan machine I sold so I wanted to apply it to the 3000 at the lower price but didnt have any luck. I was told the newer generation machine will make the old ones look bad and to expect the resale value to drop on the old Toro 3000s. I think the newer model will come out at the Sheridan leather show and might be worth waiting for.

I talked to Jerry from Artisan on the phone and the $1650 was only at the Wickenburg show, I have some credit from another Artisan machine I sold so I wanted to apply it to the 3000 at the lower price but didnt have any luck. I was told the newer generation machine will make the old ones look bad and to expect the resale value to drop on the old Toro 3000s. I think the newer model will come out at the Sheridan leather show and might be worth waiting for.

That's funny because in Wickenburg I watched one of the Artisan salesmen tell the friend I was with that there wasn't going to be much of a difference between the old and the new. I guess we'll see when the new one comes out.

did they happen to say if the new gen. will still be around the 2300-2400 mark. or is it gonna be more money.

Open Letter to All Leatherworker. Net Members.

from Artisan Sewing Machines.

I am pleased to announce some very special pricing on our Artisan TORO 3000 & 4000 R models.

As of today, the Artisan Toro 3000 will be offered at a remarkable price of $1650.00 complete with a left toe presser foot, a right toe presser foot and a double toe presser foot. Our Deluxe Roller Edge Guide will also be included. As always, there are extra bobbins, extra needles, and some thread to get you going. Needless to say, our Limited Lifetime Warranty and Lifetime Customer Support is a part of every Artisan investment.

HE DID NOT SAY THAT THIS WAS FOR THE WICKENBURG SHOW ONLY IN HIS ORIGINAL POST. ANY NORMAL PERSON WOULD HAVE ADDED THAT IN THEIR POSTING, RUNNING A SPECIAL OR WHATEVER SO THERE WOULD NOT BE A RUN ON THE COMPANY.

The Artisan TORO 4000 R will be offered at $2750.00 with the same great accessories and service as the TORO 3000.

For those of you wondering why we might be doing this, the answer is quite simple.

We will be introducing two brand new Second Generation models very shortly. These have been in the design and testing stages for the past few months and will be available once we have sold our existing stock of the current models of TORO 3000’s and 4000’s.

PRETTY MUCH THIS POSTING IS OFFERING THE SPECIAL PRICE UNTIL THE STOCK IS GONE. THAT IS HOW IT IS WORDED, AM I WRONG

As some of you may realize, when ordering castings from the foundry, in the interest of keeping prices affordable to you, our customer, we must order a minimum of 400 of each model at a time.

Once we have depleted the balance of our current models, we will introduce our New Artisan Second Generation machines to the general public.

We thought you would like to know.

Artisan Dave

MAYBE THIS WAS DONE TO HURT STEVE

Art did say that both dave and jerry have been on line and i would assume reading posts. so maybe they will answer guestions, and end the confusion. one would hope.

I'm new here to the forum and after reading many posts, I decided to pony up and buy a machine. I decided on A Juki 441 based machine and distilled that down to the Artisan or Cobra. After seeing the specials and all the banter, I called both Artisan and Steve. Completely different experiences I must say! A bunch of bragging from Artisan followed by the comment that the pricing was for the show only (although their post reads completely different)! I decided to go with Steve and I'm happy I did. I just met him at his new showroom this past week and he is a great guy and setting up a nice business. Although a newcomer, I coudn't reccomend Steve more! He's a straight shooter for sure!

Well I have it on pretty good authority that they are NOT going to honor the pricing that was posted here and also, I believe, sent out on an e-mail.

That is disappointing to say the least and as one of the posters above has stated I think it is going to push me personally to strongly consider the machine that Steve is selling.

If you are going to post an offer here, then won't respond to my emails and others on why you won't honor it I think that is poor way to do business. I have been saving for one of these machines for sometime and I got excited when it looked like it was within reach, oh well.

I understand that sometimes mistakes are made but why not be up front and post here on this site what happened?

Just my 2 cents.

Larrupin;

Larrupin, I totally agreee with you, Ive seen guys on street corners that were better business men, I wouldnt buy Artisan if they knocked it down to $500 and hand delivered it. Just my 2 cents worth and thats about what their reputation will be worth if this is how they plan to opperate.

Well I have it on pretty good authority that they are NOT going to honor the pricing that was posted here and also, I believe, sent out on an e-mail.

That is disappointing to say the least and as one of the posters above has stated I think it is going to push me personally to strongly consider the machine that Steve is selling.

If you are going to post an offer here, then won't respond to my emails and others on why you won't honor it I think that is poor way to do business. I have been saving for one of these machines for sometime and I got excited when it looked like it was within reach, oh well.

I understand that sometimes mistakes are made but why not be up front and post here on this site what happened?

Just my 2 cents.

Larrupin;

Hi Larrupin, this is Cobra Steve and I would be more than happy to talk to you about the COBRA Class 3. I will be forthright and honest. Thanks, for your consideration, Steve

Steve,

I sent you a message.

Thanks

Larrupin

This whole thing is starting to look like it's gonna bite Artisan in the backside pretty badly.

I would like to know if anyone did get the $1650 price for the 3000 Toro. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here. If you didn't get it, and you tried, I would like to know that, too.

Thank you,

Johanna

Never got a reply to a message I sent inquiring about this post.

Boy do I feel like a sucker :rolleyes:

I discussed my needs for a machine elsewhere and received timely replies. Looks like I ended up making a better deal than this post could give me.