karl

Tandy Leather website

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me what's going on with Tandy Leather's Website?

I have tried for the last 2 months or so to get into their website to order supplies and cant get in. Does anyone have any information on what's going on?

Karl

I have no probelm getting into their website.

I was just there with no problems. Try going there again. Maybe it's some setting in your computer?

I was just there with no problems. Try going there again. Maybe it's some setting in your computer?

I don't know ! All I get is what looks like an international tandy website and it won't open up a web page no matter what I click on.

Karl

Edited by karl

I don't know ! All I get is what looks like an international tandy website and it won't open up a web page no matter what I click on.

Karl

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/ doesn't work? It uses Java Script, so that would be a problem if you didn't have that. It's HTML 4.01 coded, so any reasonably current browser should work. I'm using IE-7. Anyone using something different and can check it out?

Brent

Just got my "Tandymail", tried going to the website, and guess what? I can't get in now, either. Seems Tandy has some "issues" to work out.

Just got my "Tandymail", tried going to the website, and guess what? I can't get in now, either. Seems Tandy has some "issues" to work out.

Hilly, I scrolled down and highlited UK tandy leather and it opens up beaufifully,,,,if you want to order from England and pay through the nose.

Karl

Hi again, If anyone is having the same problem, I opened up the UK Tandy website and emailed them and asked them if they had any answers or if Tandy in the US is quitting their on line ordering or going out of business or what, maybe they will shed some light on the subject.

Karl

No trouble noted, just clicked on US customer spot and it opened right up. I suspect they may have had some inevitable glitches as with any redesign of a web site.

No trouble noted, just clicked on US customer spot and it opened right up. I suspect they may have had some inevitable glitches as with any redesign of a web site.

Jordy, I've clicked a dozen times on that customer spot every day oor every other day for 2 or 3 weeks and all I get is PO'ed and a sore finger.

When I first saw it a few weeks ago, I clicked on it and nothing happened so I kept clicking on it repeatedly and finally a web page came up and looked fine, at which time I clicked on one of the deals and tried to open up on the tools and sides of leather, and low and behold, it took me back to the international site to start over, and nothing since.

Karl

I think with the new site you have to select what country you are wanting. I think that was what I did to get USA pricing.

Everyting works fine with an IE based broswer I use, but it doesn't work correctly with Opera, I can't get past the menus.

I even ordered twice for a Canada location this month...

Edited by gtech

Jordy, I've clicked a dozen times on that customer spot every day oor every other day for 2 or 3 weeks and all I get is PO'ed and a sore finger.

When I first saw it a few weeks ago, I clicked on it and nothing happened so I kept clicking on it repeatedly and finally a web page came up and looked fine, at which time I clicked on one of the deals and tried to open up on the tools and sides of leather, and low and behold, it took me back to the international site to start over, and nothing since.

Karl

Kari,

Not to be a smart aleck or anything like that, how about your computer? Have you noticed it taking longer than it used to when opening sites? Try clearing your history and cache. I have had problems in the past with just needing a little more space, and no my stupid computer didn't warn me! LOL

However, if there is something I can check out for you, just let me know.

Dianne

Dianne- when we see the related topics at the bottom of a thread, we sometimes forget to look at the date. This thread was started a year ago, and there were some temporary problems with the site. Of course it's working fine now, and so is the OP's computer, more than likely. I could remove that mod that resurrects old threads, but it's fun to read them sometimes, and many people have told me they've found more useful information about the subject they've searched for, so I hate to kill the feature. We just need to keep an eye on dates, that's all.

All the best,

Johanna

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me what's going on with Tandy Leather's Website?

I have tried for the last 2 months or so to get into their website to order supplies and cant get in. Does anyone have any information on what's going on?

Karl

Could be yer Parental Control doober's been set to block Tandy so's ya' caint' order nuthin'. Whattayathink?