Sign in to follow this  
jbird

Friday the 13

So it happened I had a misshap at work to day, A meatal bar smashed my finger in between another bar and bang a busted up cut up finger and it happened just out of the blue.

Don't believe in that stuff but of happened on this date

Josh

Hope it don't slow up your leather work. :head_hurts_kr:

If you are worried about bad things happening on an "unlucky" day... just try and notice other bad things that happen on other days. I don't know about you, but I can have a bad thing happen on just about any day.... does not need to be specially "unlucky".

For example, last week about this time, I was stuck in MO on a highway in a storm and all about us were freaking out and causing completely unnecessary accidents. But no one was saying "Beware March 7th." Yet we spent 14 hours trying to go about 100 miles. Talk about unlucky.

Sorry about your finger... but what people tend to do is remember the bad stuff, if they are told something bad is to happen on that day... and forget all the good stuff. The good stuff for me today were: a neighbor came over and had lunch with me; I had a great telephone conversation with another friend; I met two old friends, baked cookies for them and had a great visit with them; and we got snow in my area which we sorely need for water this spring. And of course the opposite is true: if you are told something good will happen, you will only remember the good stuff and completely ignore all the bad stuff. Well, it makes life exciting, right? ;)

Friday the 13th, black cats & ladders don't get me but a full moon....the freaks come out! I used to work for United Airlines....and you knew by the calls when it was a full moon! Crazies!

PS...hope your finger gets better fast!

Edited by rhallskid

Friday the 13th, black cats & ladders don't get me but a full moon....the freaks come out! I used to work for United Airlines....and you knew by the calls when it was a full moon! Crazies!

PS...hope your finger gets better fast!

Heh. Try driving a school bus during a full moon. :censored2:

Or working the night shift at a psych hospital......Oh the memories and yes the management did put some people on the wrong side of the glass when they hired them :banana:

sounds like a lot of fun you all had I guess, but no i didn't think about it tell after I still dont think it had any thing to do with it but its a fun little thing to toss around. well not toss for me on handed maybe thanks for the thoughts and I still am going to mutter some leather around so heres hoping.

Josh

Edited by jbird

Bless you Hilly, They passed out those bus driver forms to the kids to take home to their parents. My daughter was 13 hands it back and says "OH I don't think you want my mom behind the wheel of the bus unless you want the kids to learn a whole new vocabulary!" Making me sound all redneck :) LOL But totally the truth unless I was issued Duct Tape--forget it!! ha ha

Or teaching... my wife can tell when it's full moon even if it's cloudy out: the 4th graders are wacko at that time (& she doesn't have a bad class this year in comparison to some other years)

I don't know about the Friday the 13th stuff, but the full moon thing is an absolute truth. When I was a state trooper we ALWAYS knew when it was a full moon because of the increase in weird people we had to deal with.

Someone once told me that, just like the moon affects our oceans, it affects us because we're mostly water anyway. I don't know if that's true, but I do know that working a nightshift in Fairbanks was never dull when there was a full moon.

I hope your finger heals quickly Josh. We're all looking forward to seeing more of your leather work.

I'm sure it doesn't help when they add to their liquid levels on a Friday night foray into the world of adult beverages :cheers::crazy::rofl:

Thanks all for the encouragement.

Josh

Yep Firday the 13th was a bad day and I do believe in that stuff. :eusa_naughty:

I was called " a mad person, was never any good, like talking to a brick wall ", all because they forgot to tell me that the feed had changed on one of the horses, and of course it was my fault, and got yelled and cussed at. I should have told him to just go ahead and shot me if I am that bad. But I never said one word. They get me free to cover rent 2 hours a day. That made my day that is for sure, then my car battery was flat as a pan-cake and could not do my business chores.

Then, joy of joys, my laptop decided to die on me. Thank goodness for my desk top. HP are helping me, via the internet, to get it up and running again. Think it is a virus in the hard drive. Lost everything that was onit. Will have to copy the needed photos, etc from this one to CD's and reload it when it decides to return to me. ( IF IT DOES).

You know everything runs in three's, don't you now.

So my day was really BLACK. Things will only get better now.

Kiwi :coffeecomp: