cazio

Gun Belt Pattern?

I'm a newbie here and was looking for help with a gun belt pattern, I want to make the type of gun belt with the cartridge loops and haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a good book that might have some. I have made holsters and knife sheathes and a couple of regular belts but this would be my first belt with the cartridge loops.

Thanks

Cazio

Tandy and hidecrafters both have patterens for this, how ever if you have a gun belt patteren don't waist your money on somthing else I can show you how to do these there very straight forward.

Josh

Tandy and hidecrafters both have patterens for this, how ever if you have a gun belt patteren don't waist your money on somthing else I can show you how to do these there very straight forward.

Josh

I'm all ears Josh, Let me know and I can send you my email or how ever you prefer to do it. I was thinking of a drop loop but am now thinking of a 3" wide straight belt. I'll wait to hear from you.

Robert

Cazio,

Will Ghormley has several pattern packs including some nice gunbelts. In case you are not familiar with him Will is the leathersmith that did the gunleather for 3:10 To Yuma ... Will Ghormley_Maker.com

Edited by tennoutrider

Josh,

Just do it as a tutorial and we'll get it pinned for you.

I will be making one in a few days so its coming up

Tandy sells a book entitled, "How to Make Holsters". Easily worth the few bucks. A tip---burnishing the edges is very important for a good looking belt or holster. Another good book is called, "Packing Iron". It covers many time periods, from horse pistols to modern stuff. Estan

I'm a newbie here and was looking for help with a gun belt pattern, I want to make the type of gun belt with the cartridge loops and haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a good book that might have some. I have made holsters and knife sheathes and a couple of regular belts but this would be my first belt with the cartridge loops.

Thanks

Cazio

Hey Pard, shoot me you mailing address to my email - brazosjack@att.net and I'll send you a gun belt pattern that not only works but comes with a size chart to ensure a perfect fit. The set comes with bullet loop patterns for .45 thru .32 caliber, four different billet styles, and full detailed instructions.

Jim

Holster Callahan Rig.jpg

post-141-12532801928_thumb.jpg